Before I buy a L2Tv2...

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up one of these lights. AMAZING. Plenty bright on high- not even that much dimmer than my p1 ce q2. Runs for a long time on NiMH cells, and doesn't lose too much brightness, despite lower voltage. Tailcap clicky has EXCELLENT, very solid feel.
Be aware that when you turn on low mode, you may have a quick flash of bright before the light goes to low. I had read about this, and mine does it. This is no where near enough of a problem to complain about- at least for my uses.
Very solid build. Much more robust than earlier l version lights with Lux3 that I own.

Be aware that this has the typical slippery Fenix finish. Use your wrist strap! (Or put tennis racquet grip tape around the middle portion of the body. This improves grip greatly.)

Get this light, or most fenix lights, with no reservations! If you are hooked and love this light, you may find it fun to pick up a P3Dce later and burn holes in your wall on turbo mode;)

HeadCSO

Enlightened
L2T is a great light and a good upgrade if you are use to a mini mag. If you have any mini mag holsters, these will fit the L2T (I use one as I prefer the closed top).

I would also suggest getting some rechargeable batteries such as Eneloops for some guilt free lumens. You can play with high mode a lot then :twothumbs.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Runs for a long time on NiMH cells, and doesn't lose too much brightness, despite lower voltage.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. The fenix L series are all regulated, running the LED at equivalent power no matter the input voltage (within reason). There is NO difference in brightness between fresh alkalines batteries and NiMH. There is a difference with a MM, because they're poop, and there is a difference with the fenix later on, because alkalines are poop. :banghead:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. .... :banghead:

Ouch. I think what he meant was, the L1T had good runtime on NiMH, and wasn't significantly less bright than his P1-CE Q2. I don't think he was saying that the L1T didn't dim over the life of the NiMH cell. This makes sense, since the P1-CE using a P4 is rated (by Fenix) at 90 lumens, so the Q2 version should have been rated at about, what...100+ ? Fenix rates the L1T v2.0 at 98 lumens. So his L1T should just be slightly less bright than his P1-CE Q2.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. The fenix L series are all regulated, running the LED at equivalent power no matter the input voltage (within reason). There is NO difference in brightness between fresh alkalines batteries and NiMH. There is a difference with a MM, because they're poop, and there is a difference with the fenix later on, because alkalines are poop.

I know another phase that goes like this- if you can't speak politely, don't speak. I read the site to learn from people who know more than I do- and you are someone who knows more than I do, (about things other than manners, that is.) I am glad I learned this from you- I didn't know I had it wrong.

Polite discussion on this site is one of its great draws. Using courtesy in your tone will also add to the number of new people, like me, who join to get a better understanding of the flashlight as both a hobby and a tool. If you don't have interest in sharing / educating people, perhaps you should start an expert only site.

Thank You for clearing up my misunderstanding about voltage of battery / overall output.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
This may not matter, but the low is still fairly bright. Excellent light otherwise.

Your right. The low is still too high, and doesn't give you the "lasts forever on one battery" option. I forgot about this in my first posting! From reading other posts, I'd say this DOES matter to many people who use the forum. This is one reason I LOVE my early (lux 3 I think) L1. It's low is 1.1 lumens- and in a dark room, is still plenty bright!

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
Ouch. I think what he meant was, the L1T had good runtime on NiMH, and wasn't significantly less bright than his P1-CE Q2. I don't think he was saying that the L1T didn't dim over the life of the NiMH cell. This makes sense, since the P1-CE using a P4 is rated (by Fenix) at 90 lumens, so the Q2 version should have been rated at about, what...100+ ? Fenix rates the L1T v2.0 at 98 lumens. So his L1T should just be slightly less bright than his P1-CE Q2.

Thanks BigBlueFish- I feel like I got punched in the stomach! I think I'll still hang around for a while anyway....This site has helped me a lot- since long before I started posting, and I appreciate all you guys who share your knowledge so I can understand this stuff better.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I don't remember any problems with the L2T V2.0. If you run into one, check here or the dealer.

The low would be too bright to preserve night vision though.

--------

Triple A, sometimes all it takes is one wrong word to make someone unhappy, especially if they are having a bad day.

I hope you stick around.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hang around, Triple A, there's jerks everywhere -- CPF is no exception. Just fewer of them around here.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Guys. You are the reason this site is the best of its kind. Your willingness to share your knowledge in a positive way also makes it the best place for new people to learn.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to see the other post. It was unfair to you and you should definitely stick around because of the great folks. :)

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jarl,

Tone down the language, please. Maybe use "crap" instead? Also, if we here only talked when we knew what we were talking about, we wouldn't say much, yourself included. We're here to discuss things, OK?

Thanks.