best flood light and lots of lumen for camping ?

French_Candle

Newly Enlightened
hello
I would like some suggestions please. the price of the flashlights is not a problem
thank you
:twothumbs

aussiebob

Enlightened
Zebra H50 Q5,there all flood. I got one, strewth man i like it, it replaced my petzl myo xp for my night fishing + camping light.

If you dont want a HEADLIGHT ive heard good things about Surefire L4 being like a "WALL OF LIGHT".

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of camping are you doing? How long are your camping trips?
Start analizing what styles of camping you do and then go from there.
Decide on the batteries and size of light. Keep in mind that alot of light destroys your night vision.

Illum

Flashaholic
Zebra H50 Q5,there all flood. I got one, strewth man i like it, it replaced my petzl myo xp for my night fishing + camping light.

If you dont want a HEADLIGHT ive heard good things about Surefire L4 being like a "WALL OF LIGHT".

if its one nighter sure, but the L4 isn't what you would want to bring on a camping trip...its loud, attention grabbing, and crashes in an hour or two.
You need somethings thats quiet, discrete, and will be awake for at least a couple of hours [thats translated into low output, nothing too fancy, and long runtime]

After so many camping trips, I rank the L4 most perfect for camping trips with cold nights. The beam is perfect for "tent bounce" but not much of an area light. I had to tie the L4 up on a tree to illuminate the campsite effectively. I think your better off getting a 2 burner coleman that runs on propane:twothumbs

alantch

Enlightened
Have you considered a Surefire U2? 6 levels of brightness with a very useful and floody beam to boot.