WOW!!!......Minimag with aspheric lens

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a aspheric lens for a minimag on fathersday.

I was really surprised of the results and surprised it is not more popular for a pocket thrower.

I was able to see objects 350 feet away last night (maybe more with further playing around) with the aspheric lens and a terralux cree tle-5ex drop in. The light still had some decent spill as well.

The lens works great with my minimag with a red nichia CS LED. Red light easily gets absorbed at night in the outdoors. With the Aspheric it adds some serious throw.

I have been having a hard time taking outdoor beamshot pics. I will try again later in the week,

I have some white wall beam shots but they really do not show the full story

2584204977_53b017beec.jpg

2584205065_318c106392.jpg

Last edited:

jag808808

Enlightened
dd,

Where did you get the lens? I have several minis at home awaiting upgrades. I have the LuxI with tailswitch on the way. That still leaves two more. An aspheric mini sounds kewl. Let me know!

Aloha,

jag

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got them from the sandwich shoppe for under $1

I would post a link but the site is down at the moment

you also need one of those maglite accessories pack that includes a anti-roll lens holder for $5. Better yet home depot includes these with a minimag flashlight for only $9.

The sandwich shoppe also has an acrylic ball for under $1 if you do not want to use the lens holder. However, the aspheric lens is tad bit brighter and throws a tad bit better

J.McDonald Knives

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Thats what I needed to know so that I get the right product for my mini mag for my shotgun. The site has been down for the last few days. Anyone know whats up with it or any other place to get the lens?

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

J.McDonald Knives

Newly Enlightened
This one is for the aspheric lens

http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_50_65&products_id=136

This one is for the acrylic ball

http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_50_65&products_id=134

They both work great the aspheric lens is a tad bit better but not by much. But I really like the fact that it is also more durable if you should drop the light.

I will try to post more pics later.

They both look like acrylic balls to me. I don't see how one is different than the other.

J.McDonald Knives

Newly Enlightened
Gotcha. Can you post pics to show how you assembled it? Thanks. I was just wondering how you assemble it with both of them. Remember I am basically a complete n00b when it comes to this kind of stuff. You can ask me anything about bowfishing gear and stuff like that and I can most likely answer it but when it comes to flashlights I am lost most of the time.

Last edited: