FLuPIC v2.2: Anyone Understand How To Use The Programming Functions??

acourvil

Enlightened
The key is to get to "set" mode. Let it flash the number of times corresponding to which interface you want to use. Quick on/off cycles to the next step in each interface.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
The key is to get to "set" mode. Let it flash the number of times corresponding to which interface you want to use. Quick on/off cycles to the next step in each interface.
That helped, thanks. I made myself sit down and figure this thing out tonight. The other key I figured out was that you can only set the user brightness in levels 2-5.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you have figured it out. The Flupic is one of my favorite designs.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you have figured it out. The Flupic is one of my favorite designs.
Yep, I think I've got it. And it is a perfect driver for the new P7, pushing 3.3A at maximum output for the full 900 lumens! This thing is crazy bright. I set the second user preset at 80%, which should be close to the full spec 2.8A without over-driving it too much. The nice thing about running it in the Tiablo is the SMO reflector gives this floody P7 quite a bit of throw too!

The one thing I don't like about the Flupic is if you are just cycling through and don't leave it on a setting for over a second, the next time you turn it on it is in the next setting, which could be LED off (what is that for BTW??), or it could be at the set mode. I have changed it to a different interface several times already by doing this. Of course in real life use, I would not just be "cycling through" the modes in under a second, so this really shouldn't become an issue.

Norm

Retired Administrator
The one thing I don't like about the Flupic is if you are just cycling through and don't leave it on a setting for over a second, the next time you turn it on it is in the next setting, which could be LED off (what is that for BTW??)
This function allows you to preset the light to come on at the next function, This means you could with a couple of quick presses get to your 80% level, turn it off before the two seconds and the next time you turn on the light it will start on maximum.
Norm

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
This function allows you to preset the light to come on at the next function, This means you could with a couple of quick presses get to your 80% level, turn it off before the two seconds and the next time you turn on the light it will start on maximum.
Norm
Ahh, that makes sense..thanks, that could be useful. So that clears that up, but what is the 1 or 2 "LED Off" modes for in each of the interfaces? I haven't figured out a use for these yet.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I think I've got it. And it is a perfect driver for the new P7, pushing 3.3A at maximum output for the full 900 lumens!

Is this the tri-flupic?

The flupic only provides 1.2 Amps on burst.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this the tri-flupic?

The flupic only provides 1.2 Amps on burst.
Yes - it is the tri-flupic. I mentioned that in the first post, but not in the title since I was more interested in getting help with the flupic v2.2 programming. And oh yes, it's bright on burst...:cool:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
BUMP for an old thread.:bumpit:

Just recieved a few flupics and have ZERO experiance with them...:tinfoil::duh2:
Can anyone explain (In Simple Terms) how in the hell you set the different default levels??....# of (ON/OFF) presses or something??:shrug:

I'm at a total loss here...:duh2:
Maybe I'm just having one of those retard days, but I can't figure this thing out from looking as the user guide.

From what I gather, when the light cycles throught the different blinks...1...2...3...4...5..when you shut the light off on, lets say 3 blinks, it will be in default 3??
How do you get it to go through the "blinks"...is there a number of times you need to turn it on and off?
If anyone can give a thorough tutorial on how to set the user selectable levels also, I'd be greatful.:thumbsup:

FYI..I put this flupic in an LS20 with a neutral XP-G....I'd like to have burst set at MAX 1.2A...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you get a new board it will be in interface 1 (default). In Interface 1 it shows there are 5 steps. The 5th step is for changing Interfaces. If you want to get to Interface 3, you turn it on and off 5 times, then it will start blinking, shut it off after 3 blinks, leave it off for a few seconds.

To get out of Interface 3, the user guide says to turn it on and off 8 times, (it's the 8th step) that includes the steps where nothing happens and then you get the 5 blinks again, signifying the 5 Interfaces.

Got it? :)