Fenix: Leaving it set on high when not in use

Niconical

Enlightened
2 of my Fenix lights, the TK10 and P2D, have the option to leave it set to come on in turbo mode. This is done by leaving the head fully tightened.
Having the head fully tightened presumably means that 2 bits of metal (contacts?) are then touching. My question is this. Is it OK to leave the heads fully tightened when the light is not in use, with those bits of metal touching, or are they springy in some way so should therefore be left untightened or it will become harder to get them to connect when tightening the head?

Sorry if it's obvious, I just want to make sure I know how to best care for my lights.

Thank you :)

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's fine to leave them tightened. I leave mine tightened- I figure if I want a lot of light, I need it quick, and if I want a smaller amount of light, I have enough time to loosen the bezel

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he meant is it ok too keep it tightened from a mechanical standpoint (i.e. will the constant compression hurt the contact), not from a practical one. At least that's how i understood the OP :)

Niconical

Enlightened
I think he meant is it ok too keep it tightened from a mechanical standpoint (i.e. will the constant compression hurt the contact)...

:thumbsup:

And you worded it a lot better than I did too :)

From what the first reply says, it seems it is fine.
Any second opinions would always be appreciated though.

Any Cal.

Enlightened
I don't believe there is a spring contact that is held closed on turbo. It is simply a trace on the circuit board that touches the top of the battery tube. T

FrontRanger

Newly Enlightened
Yep, it'll be fine. As others have said, it's not a spring. But even it were, it wouldn't be designed such that the intended range of motion causes a spring to overcome its elastic limit (i.e., deform permanently).