Fenix P3D - How do you operate?

RafterMan_FMJ

Newly Enlightened
Hi, maybe I am a complete dullard, but just recieved the Fenix P3D. Reading the manual, it seems that you are supposed to be able to change light output by twisting the bezel. When I do this, on the front where it is ridged, the thing simply unscrews and comes apart.

Where are you supposed to turn this thing, and is mine stuck, ie it does not seem to want to turn other than to come apart....

thx!

Marduke

Flashaholic
When the entire head is tightened down, you get turbo. If you slightly loosen the head, you will get low mode. When the light is on, if you partially press the switch part way down (before it clicks), the light will turn off. If you then let back up on the switch, it will cycle into the next model. This is called a "soft press"

Patriot

Flashaholic
What Marduke said.....

When you back the head off just a little bit, it will switch to a lower mode. No need to unscrew it since backing it off a mere 1/8 or less should be sufficient.

jchoo

Enlightened
You unscrewed the bezel from the head of the flashlight. Look about 10mm further back on the flashlight from the first seam, closest to the head - that is the joint you should be turning to switch from the turbo/strobe group to the low/med/high/sos group. If you can't turn the light there, it may be stuck. Try to use a rubber jar opening pad or strap wrench, or, if you have them, cork padded pliers - but no metal to metal contact, or else you'll scratch up your new light!

Edited to add:

The flashlight should turn easily at the green arrow, and not at all at the red arrow. It sounds to me like you've opened up the light at the red arrow. If you've got it in parts like the second picture (i.e. have the LED exposed) then screw it back together and try the rubber tool. Hope this helps!

35bf1cb8.jpg

53d88c8f.jpg

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
1st of all: KLICK the light ON with the switch on the back!

the rest has been expained

Latest posts