Lets talk about TLS LED lightheads

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
Recently I bought a TLS lighthead that was mounted on a Surefire E2D body. When I bought it I had no idea what I was buying. I just thought it looked good with the agressive looking teeth on the bezel ring. This thing is utterly amazing and I want to know more about it. I bought it from a fellow CPF'er and it didn't come with an owners manual or anything. Can anyone tell me about the company that makes it? What kind of LED do they use in these masterpieces? Do they make other designs than the one I have? Maybe one for a single cell body? Any user testimonials? I took mine fishing the other night and I was lighting up alligator eyes across the lake. I would never have believed a two cell light could be so bright.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
OpticsHQ seems to be the only distributor for these things. They make a head for the 1-cell E-series lights, called the E1. I believe their E-series heads use a CREE Q5. I ordered an E2 with a strike bezel about 2 weeks ago but it is backordered. I'll be using mine with a Vital Gear FB-2 2-cell body, which I recieved the other day. It's strange in how thin the body is, and I'm not sure how rugged it is. I'll get a better idea when I start carrying it (when the TLS head arrives, if ever). Sorry I couldn't help much more than that.