Belt Sheath for a Fenix P3D?

OMCHamlin

Newly Enlightened
The factory sheath for my Fenix P3D is wearing out, can anyone point me towards a decent (read: good quality) leather or ballistic nylon belt pouch, either open top or with a flap?
Thanks in advance!
R/OMC

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
I reviewed a Maxpedition sheath which I really like. It is sizeable from a TK10 all the way down to a P2D so would be fine for a P3D, but it is a big tough holster, maybe more than you want.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/199618

Failing that, various places sell replacement original Fenix ones for about $5.

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2958
I'll second that. I've been using mine for several months and they're fantastic for all kinds of different style lights.

OMCHamlin

Newly Enlightened
So you all are saying, if I pick up one of these Maxpedition sheaths, my fairly slender P3D won't appear to be "floating" in it? In general, it's an appropriate size for this light?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've posted this a couple of times recently. A company called Ripoff makes fairly good quality and inexpensive nylon holsters in all sizes. I've recently picked one up for my E2DL and like it a lot. Brightguy.com carries many in stock.

Bill

Niconical

Enlightened
So you all are saying, if I pick up one of these Maxpedition sheaths, my fairly slender P3D won't appear to be "floating" in it? In general, it's an appropriate size for this light?

The light itself will be protected and secured. The only problem would be how you wear it. Like I said in the review, this holster works with jeans, boots and a work shirt. If your daily wear is more along the lines of a suit and tie at the office, I'd suggest a replacement Fenix holster.