who knows a flashlight like that ...

Stephan_L

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,

I was waiting for the new Fenix 18650-light. What should I say? I was a little disappointed by the TK11!

So come on now, who knows a light like that:

- 2 x CR123 sized body
- tailcap switch
- solid build
- 200 - 250 lumen output max
- "tactical" / "disorientin" strobe (@ about 12 or 13 hz) not further away than one click from max. brightness
- more a flooder than a thrower
- momentary & constant on
- plus "low / mid / high" levels or opporunity to dimm (no matter if it starts high or low).
- I should be able to operate it mainly with one hand

It would be used as a tactical light at my job (LEO in Germany).

Thank you,

Stephan

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
SureFire Ub2.

• 2xCR123
  • leave it on strobe then push tailcap to turn it on
  • rugged
  • 400 lumens max (2-400)
  • Mostly one handed, if preset to strobe, then high is one handed. Two hands to change beyond those two choices.
  • probably a mix of flood and throw
  • constant on, requires two hands

tobushomme

Newly Enlightened
Hi Stephan,

I have sold about 50 Fenix P3D CE, Rebel 100 or Q5 to police personell here in Germany. Thoug I personaly think it´s not perfect for tactical use I got none back so far.

It meets your requirements in all aspects, so there will be many comments recommending that light. But I think it has some downsides too:

- switch: no forward clicky, hard to operate with (thick) gloves

- body: little grip, needs some modding, eg shrink tube (Schrumpfschlauch)

Still it`s a good light at a price hard to beat. If buy at a shop like fenix-store (https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=358) you pay $ 67,50 or 44 €:naughty:. I hear it goes trough customs untouched.

cheers

Tobus:candle:

Last edited:

tobushomme

Newly Enlightened
Hi Stephan,

I have sold about 50 Fenix P3D CE, Rebel 100 or Q5 to police personell here in Germany. Thoug I personaly think it´s not perfect for tactical use I got none back so far.

It meets your requirements in all aspects, so there will be many comments recommending that light. But I think it has some downsides too:

- switch: no forward clicky, hard to operate with (thick) gloves

- body: little grip, needs some modding, eg shrink tube (Schrumpfschlauch)

Still it`s a good light at a price hard to beat. If buy at a shop like fenix-store (https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=358) you pay $ 67,50 or 44 €:naughty:. I hear it goes trough customs untouched.

cheers

Tobus:candle:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight T20 with the forward clicky is similar bit I do not have one. I'm not sure where the strobe is in relation to the max setting in the UI.

Stephan_L

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tobus,

I also have a Fenix P3D! I got it from fenix-store.com and yes, I think it is a very fine light!

Most of all I like the UI of the Fenix, making all the important functions accesable very fast, if needed!

But,

as you said, there are downsides:
The mentioned grip of the body is one, the switch is another. And the strobe could be a little faster rated (according to fenix it runs at 8 hz)!

I use the P3D and will use it with great satisfaction, but I keep my eyes open, if I find something better!

Bye,

Stephan

discoverEDC

Enlightened
Stephan, post 85 more times and your CPF status might agree with your wife :crackup:

It's OK, I only know one fellow CPF member whose wife doesn't think he is nuts.

SilentK

Enlightened
yeah go with the surefire ub2, also constant on can be achived using one hand, but is sorta akward and not too go for tactical applications. if you need a tighter beam and do not mind giving away 200 lumens, then the surefire ua2 would be great. besides, i am starting to doubt that surefire will realase the ua2 with only 200 lumens. they may bump it up a bit. :naughty:

Stephan_L

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tobus,

it came to me without any problems. Did not have to pay anything extra.
To simulate "momentary on" with my P3D, I last night "found" a function an my P3D that I would call "momentary off": click the light on in Turbo mode. Now press, as if you want to change to strobe. When the light goes out, keep on pressing for about 3 sec. If you release then, constant light will appear!

Bye,

Stephan

ingokl

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tobus and Stephan,

even IF the light goes through customs untouched, it would only do that when not properly declared. In fact, at least in germany, you are liable to declare any goods with an value above 21€ at the customs, even if for whatever reason it got to you without having to pay anything.

Best regards

Ingo