Few Question about the Fenix T1.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im planning to invest in a Fenix T1 light... The price dropped down to $67.

My only question is:

Will it survive crush, heat, water, cold and DROP;without dying and having to replace its parts?

And can link me to good Charger + Rechargeables CR123 3V batteries for this light?

I want a light which I can depend on all the time.

Note: Crush, heat, water, cold and drop not in the extreme way.:)

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well just what are you planning to do with it?
It is certainly one of the tougher lights.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Will it survive crush, heat, water, cold and DROP;without dying and having to replace its parts?

When the T1 arrived on the marked some people where given a T1 to test, this test included lots of different extremes, like throwing the light around, freezing it in ice, running over it with a car etc.
If your search cpf your can find these "test".

The T1 showed that it could take a lot of abuse.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, seeing as it can take 20,000 pounds for force and multiple drops on concrete, frozen into a block of ice, baked into a bread, and still work, it should survive what you need it to do.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are this 17670 & CR123 good for the T1?

Ultrafire 3.7V 1800mAh LC 17670 Protected Battery 2-Pack
TrustFire Protected 3.6V 880mAh 16340/CR123A Batteries (2-Pack)

I readed somewhere in the forum that it will take 2x4.2V freshly charged CR123.

Plus this AIO Charger:

TrustFire All-in-One Charger (for 10430/10440/14500/16340 /17670/18650/CR123A)

Or I need something with more quality?

It will work with the RCR123s, but not the 17670 (IIRC).

The UltraFire WF-139 charger is well-liked. I have one and it terminates charging at 4.22V.

Marduke

Flashaholic
17670's will work, but it quickly falls out of regulation. That's the big thing about the new TK11, it has a buck/boost circuit so it will run in regulation off a single Li-Ion cell.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
its actually cheaper if ur planning to buy a EO1

if u look on the " specials" u'll see a T1 with EO1 for 76 dollars

so after CPF8 its about 69.92 - 13.80 ( for the EO1 ) and that comes to 56.12 so ur final cost of course is 69.92 but with the EO1

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd rather carry around a TK10, or that new TK11, but if you're just using it around the garage the T1 would be fine. You may even want to remove the clip so it's easier to change modes.

The nice thing about the T1 is it has a stainless steel bezel. So if you drop it in your garage, like onto concrete, that stainless steel bezel will take more abuse than the aluminum bezel on the TK10, TK11, etc. Also the T1's switch is better protected from drops. It's a tank.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
I own many Fenix lights- even many considered much less durable than the T1, and due to their "baby's butt smooth finish," I have "drop tested" all of them, without a single failure- even dropped on tile, concrete, and other flashlight killers. They have also been exposed to water in the form of hard rain, but never submerged- and I have had no trouble with leaks.

I also strongly recommend a wrist strap or other retention device. This prevents almost all drops.

Keep the Threads well lubed, and this will assist greatly with keeping water from getting into the light.

Good Luck!

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ultrafire batteries will not work with the T1, the battery are too long for the T1, AW's Rcr123 work great with the T1

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the T1 will turn on with 3.7v, but it will ficker- the low voltage warning...

if you want rechargable, then get the tk11

Crenshaw

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all for your replies. :twothumbs I think that theres no HUGE difference between T1 and TK10, but I like the design of T1 (the switch is sexy), and it's cheaper also. Changing mode is not that important to me so the clip "mod" is not necessary.

I will buy the T1 + E01 bundle with the CPF8 cupon.

What is the inner diameter of the battery tube? I will try to find those batteries that will fit. Or I will have to spend some more in the AW's.

Already ordered the Trustfire AIO Charger from DX.

Did I say thanks?

Edit: Where do you use the CPF8 coupon anyways? after checkout?

Last edited:

bessiebenny

Enlightened
After trying out both lights, I actually like the T1 more than TK10 as well.
Biggest difference to me is that the T1 can tail stand while TK10 cannot.

I had no issues using KD's Protected RCRs with the T1.
These are as good as the AW's in terms of capacity.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all for your replies. :twothumbs I think that theres no HUGE difference between T1 and TK10, but I like the design of T1 (the switch is sexy), and it's cheaper also. Changing mode is not that important to me so the clip "mod" is not necessary.

I will buy the T1 + E01 bundle with the CPF8 cupon.

What is the inner diameter of the battery tube? I will try to find those batteries that will fit. Or I will have to spend some more in the AW's.
Richard the internals (electronics) are the same in the T1 and the TK10.
I believe the T1 will fit the protected trustfires at DX OK, but the ultrafires are too long.