Super Bright LED Flashlight?

Unbreakable

Newly Enlightened
I love flashlights and am always buying new ones. I'm in the market for a really powerful LED flashlight. My buddy just got a Streamlight Super Tac and it's nice for what is but I want something that is super nice. It needs to be handheld (aroun 5 to 8 inches in length in other words). And I want it to be BRIGHT with a nice hot spot. Basically when I get my next flashlight I want my buddy's Super Tac to look like an Inova X5 in comparison LOL. Any advise would be appreciated. I saw the Wiseled Tactical with 7 LEDs. It says it's putting out 1,000 lumes... but is that just a total for the 7 LEDs? Will it deliver a nice beam or will it be more of a flood light type of deal?

Unbreakable

Newly Enlightened
Sounds a little too good to be true... 900 Lumes for $50.00.

I'm sorta looking at the 280 lumen Wolf Eyes D26 for my Surefire 6PL. Does anyone know if a 3.7V LRB1684/18650 Li-Ion Battery will fit right in a 6PL?

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about Elektrolumens Modified Mag with SSC P7 LED? (http://elektrolumens.com/)

If you really want to blow your friends away, get a SF Beast :whistle:

HID flashlights will definitely be super bright.

But besides making your friends go oooooh and wow, are you planning on using it for it's intended purpose? When I first started getting into flashlight, I always seek the brightest flashlight I could get ... then eventually I realize that I never really need anything that bright, so now most of my lights are about 100 lumens or less. Just a thought.

Unbreakable

Newly Enlightened
But besides making your friends go oooooh and wow, are you planning on using it for it's intended purpose?

Not really. This will be a horsepower buy. I've got lot's of 80 to 120 lumen flashlights with good runtimes. Some are rechargable also... So I got that area of my needs covered. Every one in a while it's just fun to buy something that is overkill.

Sorta like with my guns. I carry a Glock 9mm... but I own a Smith and Wesson 500 magnum LOL.

scaredofthedark

Enlightened

I'm sorta looking at the 280 lumen Wolf Eyes D26 for my Surefire 6PL. Does anyone know if a 3.7V LRB1684/18650 Li-Ion Battery will fit right in a 6PL?

it's true it's just lacking alot of stuff that makes other lights expensive,
like a regulated driver so it'll dim according to battery levels.
the P7 will put out around 900lumens at the emitter

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Not really. This will be a horsepower buy. I've got lot's of 80 to 120 lumen flashlights with good runtimes. Some are rechargable also... So I got that area of my needs covered. Every one in a while it's just fun to buy something that is overkill.

Sorta like with my guns. I carry a Glock 9mm... but I own a Smith and Wesson 500 magnum LOL.
That S&W 500 is a proper carry piece up here!

I carry a Super Redhawk after having sold my 454 and am planning on getting a 460.

Overkill or just enough is determined by the individuals needs.

That said I look forward to seeing what you get and hearing your friends response! :grin2:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.wiseled.com/index.aspx?articleid=+916&shopCId=9&menuid=916009

ouch that's a lot of $$$ for flashlight, but I am also curious what's the best bang for your buck as far as brightest one. So far this is the only one I found

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12060
Those inexpensive P7 flashlights are breeding faster than wabbits in the outback down under.
See my post for an incomplete list:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2449743&postcount=4
The MTE will fit in a Nite-ize Mini Pock-its for belt carry.
P7inHolster.jpg

The light is not a massive thrower but have a much bigger hotspot.
Shining beams L-mini Q5 left, MTE P7 right.
P7Lminibeamshot.jpg

It is not 900 lumens, more like 400-500 LED lumens, 300-400 torch lumens out the front.

Unbreakable

Newly Enlightened
That S&W 500 is a proper carry piece up here!

I carry a Super Redhawk after having sold my 454 and am planning on getting a 460.

Overkill or just enough is determined by the individuals needs.

That said I look forward to seeing what you get and hearing your friends response! :grin2:

We got black bears and such around here in Georgia but nothing a 308 can't handle. That being said... I own a S&W 500 and 460... And I love my evil duo Ruger Alaskan 44mags. I REALLY want a Magnum Research BFR in 45-70 LMAO!

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the recomendation of a ElektroLumens P7 maglight. It can be had (shipped) for less than $150 and it kills the thrower Q5 lights (like the Tiablo A9Q5 and definitely your supertac) in output. None of my Q5 lights compare to the new P7 leds.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the way you think. :D :thumbsup:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The thing about the Supertac is it's throw. From the pictures it seems to be a pretty good thrower.

If you want a light that throws a good bit further then that, either get a aspheric lens mod or overdrive a Cree in a deep reflector.

How much would you want to pay?

If you want low price, try a light like this and remove the driver. You should get at least 500 lumen out the front. It will be brighter but probably won't throw as far.

andylondon

Newly Enlightened

The batteries that you are referring to have a diameter of 18mm and will not fit into a Surefire 6PL.

The Wolf Eyes D26 Q5 and R2 L.E.D modules works with a 18650 battery. If you want to use this battery type with your Surefire 6PL then you have two options. The first is to have your 6P body bored out to fit the wider dimentions of the 18650. The second option is to buy a Leef body from Lighthound which will accomodate this battery's larger diameter.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
The Milky mod U2 with 4 Rebels is a killer. 500L on high setting, which reduces to just a small glow on low setting as the ring is twisted. One sold for $675 today on B/S/T

2588655943_9deea561c1_o.jpg

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast

Missed this at the last go around.

Wolf Eyes have SSC P7 torches out.
Wolf Eyes P7 Sniper & Eagle
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/199677
Brightness:580Lumens (full brightness stage)

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go with the Wiseled Tactical. The recommendations above list bright lights, but none nearly as nice as the Tactical. Not even close.