KX2 upgrade with old e2e non clicky tail question

stuart

Newly Enlightened
Want to get a KX2 for my E2e. I replacing the old KX1. My E2 has the old non clicky tailcap.
THe question is: do I need to buy a clicky (z57) in order to use the KX2. If I use the old switch will it work on one level only? or could I turn on and off to get different levels. I have an Mc2es that I use on the L4, don't know how this would work with the KX2 either. I was also wondering about this if I also get the new kx2c E2DL head as an aftermarket item. I just saw that on Battery Junction , looks like surefire will offer the defender led head separately but the price was the same as the whole light, not sure if the KX2C is supposed to be the E2DL head or maybe something completely different.

Thanks for any input, and I know this isn't related to the above post but does anyone know what the KX2C is supposed to be? Says 120 lumens for about 2 hours and states its an e2 series upgrade. I'm assuming its the Defender head.

SilentK

Enlightened
No you do not need a cliky but it would be better to have one. All the regulation for changing modes is in the head. Yes any tailcap will work. as far as the kx2c is concerned, it may just be another L4 type head that none of us have ever seen. {nice find} anyone have any info on this one?

Last edited:

SilentK

Enlightened
yeah this place tends to be pretty fast. just wait till you finds one of those topics where people post every minute. once somene starts a nice topic and it is just right, they will post so fast you would think the server would blow up.v:devil:

Latest posts