Fun flashlight

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I found a fun 'Energizer' brand flashlight at the local Long's Drug store. It's a two D cell unit, transpartent plastic (mine's red), with a flashing LED behind the bezel for location in the dark. It's called "Find Me". $8, came with a Krypton bulb and two Energizer D cells. Claims to flash 5 years between battery changes. Nice (semi faceted) reflector, good tight beam. Well done, IMO.

Recommended.

Made in China, of course......

Doug Owen

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
long live the cheapies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ninja

Newly Enlightened
I found a "fun" Rayovac 3 led (yellow,green,red) light at wally world for under $5. 4AAA battery module like Princenton Techs'. It is good to compare nite vision switching between the 3 colors! Hate to admit its one of my favorites...

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
long live the cheapies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Err, are you referring to me, or the flashlight?

Doug Owen

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
\"perfect\" match?

Just to prove I really belong here, I put an EverLED into my new found $8 flashlight.....VERY impressive. That oversize, semi faceted reflector, does a great job! The hot spot can be covered by your hand across the room, surrounded by a 3 foot bright area with a six foot less bright ring around it and roughly 90 degrees of quite useful spill. Neat 'target' patern with a very bright 'ten ring'. Throws like nobody's business, lights up the other end of the block at night. Hard to imagine a better beam, really.

$40 bulb in a $8 flashlight...... Works for me.

Doug Owen

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: \"perfect\" match?

[ QUOTE ]
Doug Owen said:
Just to prove I really belong here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now that you've proved that you belong here...welcome! hehe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif