A Special thanks to my friend Meuge !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alero

Enlightened
I bought a Romisen RC-G2 from DX last year and never really used it. It just wasn't very bright, which was a real shame because everything else about that light is just awesome.

So I finally broke down and bought a Q5 from DX to install. But when I went to pull out the old module, it was STUCK. People here kept saying to try hot or cold or pull with pliers and other stuff. But I'm telling you, I had one with special mutant powers. It was just not going to come out. I think meuge will agree with me here. I'm not a wuss! I swear!

Also, in the mean time, I learned that the old circuit driver wouldn't be that great anyway.

So I put out the SOS here and got a PM from meuge. He volunteered to take a look for me if I mailed the module to him. So I sent the module, the Q5, and a pre-paid return envelope to him to see what he could do. I also sent him a GITD tail switch cover for his RC-G2. Not sure if he's used it though. :)

Well, I just got the module back, and to my amazement, he did it, big time! He even put in a new, more powerful circuit board. This thing is sooooo bright! It's easily as bright as my L2D on just ONE battery! It throws farther too! Woohoo!

How he got the old LED out, I'll never know. I can only assume that he somehow has access to small tactical nukes!

I wish I lived nearby so meuge could give me some soldering lessons. The workmanship is really great, especially considering what you had to work with.

So thanks again meuge!!! The light is AWESOME!!!

Alero

Enlightened
It's the 20 mode from DX, except that, by request, he soldered around the mode selection so that it's just on/off full power all the time. That's how I like 'em! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts