A great EDC light

TJOD

Newly Enlightened
The Pelican L1. This is probably my favorite little light. Its cheap, simple, tough, effective, and small. One of its most impressive features is the 130 hour run time. That makes it perfect for survival applications. But not quite sure how long the batteries will last in the light if left stagnant in a survival kit though. Its actually pretty damn bright for 9 lumen's, i can light objects at 20 some feet fairly easy. I think it has the perfect amount of light for everyday tasks such as finding you keys or navigating your house at night.

BigD64

Enlightened
Try the Photon Rex. Much brighter than the L1, rechargeable, variable and clips anywhere.

Meltdown

Enlightened
Tjod, my wife and I love our Pelican L1's for camping lights and wear them around our necks on the included lanyard....heck of a little light and we've yet to break one.

I'll check out the Rex also....always looking to expand my addiction...er...collection.

Meltdown

Enlightened
Tjod, my wife and I love our Pelican L1's for camping lights and wear them around our necks on the included lanyard....heck of a little light and we've yet to break one.

I'll check out the Rex also....always looking to expand my addiction...er...collection.

Chongker

Newly Enlightened
I think the rate of discharge is around 10-15% a month.

I think you're thinking of NiCad batteries, which have around 15% self-discharge a month. Good Li-ions shouldn't really have more than 5% self-discharge a month, and will be even better if you store it at the right voltage (i.e. ~3.9V open circuit).