RC-F4 with protected cells

milwaukeeblues

Newly Enlightened
I've been running my Romisen RC-F4 with Surefire primary 123's with great success.

I wanted to use rechargeable cells so I tried Ultrafire (gray) 3.6v protected cells. These are both longer and wider than the primary cells, but they did fit easily into the battery tube. However, the light did not light up. (The batteries are good, I returned them to my 6P and they work fine.)

Then I tried the RC-F4 with Ultrafire unprotected (blue) 3.6v cells. These are similar in size to the primaries and they work fine in the RC-F4.

But I would prefer to use protected cells in this light if possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks, -Peter

Patriot

Flashaholic
That's common with those batteries. They only work in a few of my two cell lights. I was so unhappy with the quality of those cells that I gave them away.

The AW RCR123s are first rate though and will work in everything that will handle the extra voltage.

milwaukeeblues

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, the fix originally posted by 04orgZx6r worked!

Actually the switch was screwed in quite stubbornly and I didn't want to force it, but just loosening the pill did the trick.

Best, -Peter

j2kei

Newly Enlightened
interesting enough...im amazed that 04orgZx6r was able to loosen the pill with the led. the one i had was stubbornly stuck

Buck

Newly Enlightened
interesting enough...im amazed that 04orgZx6r was able to loosen the pill with the led. the one i had was stubbornly stuck

Both pills in mine turn easily using small round-jawed plier as a pin spanner. Was yours glued?

j2kei

Newly Enlightened
Both pills in mine turn easily using small round-jawed plier as a pin spanner. Was yours glued?

im not too sure since i dont have it anymore. i dont really have tools, so just tried to use a pair of tweezers to loosen it and no go :(

Latest posts