1-AA Light for China

JJH

Newly Enlightened
I need to buy a light for my son who is going to China in a week. Need it quick! I would like reliability, several power levels, good runtime, nice beam quality and all for under $40. Did I say I need it quick~
Thanks in advance

VolumeRate

Newly Enlightened
you know the best way? that's when your son came to china, and contact us, so we will sell him a flashlight in RMB, that's a lot better then you buy it in USD.

JJH

Newly Enlightened
Well geeze, you could stop in at Fenix-Store and physically try out the lights.

Thanks! It appears they are close to where I work so I'll call on them.

Can anyone recommend the Lumapower Lm-31 and tell me where to buy it?

Thanks~

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's pretty comical that you're buying your son a light that's made in China, that was shipped to the US, so he could take it back to China. :laughing:

As others have mentioned, Fenix makes great lights for your budget, and 4-7 at fenix-store.com is top-notch. I purchased a good number of lights from him and I usually get it within 2 days.

By the way, if you son is going to China, he could pick up a few lights for himself. I assume it's going to be a lot cheaper in RMB than USD.

Marduke

Flashaholic
It's pretty comical that you're buying your son a light that's made in China, that was shipped to the US, so he could take it back to China. :laughing:

OT

I once had a friend give me a souvenir shirt when she came back from London. Looked at the tag, "Made in USA"

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
OT

I once had a friend give me a souvenir shirt when she came back from London. Looked at the tag, "Made in USA"
That happens all the time when friends stay here in Ireland. They buy souvenirs of Leprechauns or whatever to bring back to their friends and family, only to find they were made in Taiwan or some place... :crackup:

JJH

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to tell how my situation got resolved here.
I called the Fenix-Store and first learned that you pronounce the name Fenix like 'Phoenix'. It would never have occured to me. Second, I learned that the store is only 5 miles from where I work! So I went there yesterday at lunch and it was very cool to go in their offices (there actually is no storefront), and peruse the lights and pick one out. I bought a L2T Q5. For myself. My son will get my modded AA Maglight for his summer travels. He is very happy with it.
I am pretty blown away with the L2T. I love the simple interface. The light has amazing throw on high. The spill from the low level is good for reading. What more do I need? I can see one or two more of these in my future. I 'm just not sure if its a blessing or a curse that the Fenix-Store is so very close!:whistle:

5kids

Newly Enlightened
I think its a good thing that I (like others) are much farther than 5 miles from the Fenix-Store. With the instant gratification of buying a Fenix light and having it in hand, I don't think I could contain myself.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
L2T V2.0 Or L2D-CE Q5? One is 2 mode and the other has more modes. I'm guessing you got the L2T V2.0.

If I lived that close to Fenix Store, I'd visit every once in a while. Drop-in, say hi, look at lights, leave.

What do you have in the Minimag?

horizonseeker

Enlightened
considering that fenix-store is now the distributor for nitecore product as well, it is both a blessing (product and service) and a curse (on your wallet).

JJH

Newly Enlightened
L2T V2.0 Or L2D-CE Q5? One is 2 mode and the other has more modes. I'm guessing you got the L2T V2.0.

If I lived that close to Fenix Store, I'd visit every once in a while. Drop-in, say hi, look at lights, leave.

What do you have in the Minimag?

I have the L2T V2.0 with the latest Cree (Q5?). Bright enough to see the treetops in the big oaks around my house. Probably upset some squirrels (to the delight of my dogs).
I believe the Minimag has a Teralux bulb and circuit to bring 3 brightness levels plus SOS & strobe, with an IQ switch.
I had a hard time buying just one light at Fenix. The Dosun R5 was very cool. Luckily it was not an AA light.