Inova T2 - my first impressions.

NightFlyer

Newly Enlightened
Previously, I was partially blinded temporarily by having the light activate while getting it out of the packaging.

I've recovered and have had a bit of a chance to play around with this light.

First off, build quality. Top notch. Fit and finish is about perfect.

The reflector is polished aluminum as I thought.

Beam is round with a good bright spot and a nice balance of spill. Compared with my other LED lights, the color is a milky white while the others appear a little more on the "blue" side. As a standalone, the beam color is really nice.

I haven't really had a chance to go venture in the dark outside with it, but I was outside for a bit on a walk. A train was passing by so I pointed the light from around 150' away towards the passing train cars and the sides were illuminated enough for me to identify what kind of cars they are and the reflective tape along the bottom of each car reflected the light back brightly. So this light is a very nice thrower.

I did a direct comparison with my Inova XO. They are very similar. The T2 is slightly longer due to the clicky switch but I don't mind one bit. The reflectors and heads are the same exact size.

Brightness wise, the T2 is somewhat brighter. The beams are very similar but the T2 produces more light and the color is definitely warmer. The two lights are virtually the same weight.

The T2 runs a good bit cooler than the XO does. I haven't done a really long test yet but I can tell the difference quickly.

I haven't taken beam shots yet - I will do that over the next day or two and post pictures to this thread.

I'd like to take a second to thank those who made the suggestion (and egged me on a bit) to get the T2 and Battery Junction for the quick service. This light is everything I expected it to be. So far, I'm very happy with it!

It's really nice to know that there are still a few companies and individuals out there that make such fine products right here in the USA. :twothumbs

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the T2 comments. I have a 2007 Inova T2 which will light reflectors over 600 feet away and stop signs over 1000 feet away.

Is there a graph of the output vs. runtime on the 2008 Inova T1 packaging? If so, you could post a photo of it?

Thanks.

NightFlyer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the T2 comments. I have a 2007 Inova T2 which will light reflectors over 600 feet away and stop signs over 1000 feet away.

Is there a graph of the output vs. runtime on the 2008 Inova T1 packaging? If so, you could post a photo of it?

Thanks.

I'll get it posted a little bit later.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a very old T2 that I bought around 2003. It looks like the current T1 but longer. The output was only 40 lumens, and I thought it was so bright :twothumbs That was one of my first real flashlights, but currently in semi retirement.