Bad Surefire A2

GeoffChan

Enlightened
G'day All,

Before I contact Surefire's Customer Service. Is anybody else sharing a problem with their A2?

My A2 is only lighting up only in one mode. With a new set of batteries it will go into Incandescent mode, and with the current set of semi-depleted batteries its stuck in LED mode.

Help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Geoff

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Geoff, I'm sure it is difficult for you to deal with SF CS. Just send the light to me and I'll take care of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

So it only works in one mode and the battery life effects which mode it is?

Didn't they tell you the user selectable mode was extra? This flashlight is set to give you the light best suited to battery life, AUTOMATICALY.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wit's End, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Sounds interesting.. maybe it's a bad connection in the circuit or something. Tried banging it on the table?

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I were Al or tkl I would call Surefire to explore my options. Sounds like your tailcap is on the fritz.

Size15's

Flashaholic
There are other ways to contact SureFire Tech Support.

I see your major options as:
Do nothing - live with it.
Do nothing - whine about it.
Contact your Dealer and ask him to sort it.
Contact SureFire Tech Support and ask them to sort it.
Buy another A2.

I assume you want to fix your A2. The best way to do that is to contact SureFire Tech Support to discuss your options. It is likely that they ask you to return your A2 so it can be looked at; fixed or replaced. They may send you a replacement TailCap to see if that solves the problem.
So you have at least two options. I assume you would like to discuss them with the people who can do something about your problem.

Please let us know how you are going to proceed and keep us posted with the progress and results.

Thanks

Al

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geoff -

Thank you for sharing your problem with everyone. This type of information is exactly what I would look for before buying an A2 simply so that I am a well informed consumer.

All new products have issues/problems that crop up and other A2 owners should appreciate knowing what to watch for just in case their unit has a similar problem, as well as what the solution is. Current owners of the A2 will help SF work out the kinks by finding these types of issues so SF can produce an updated/better version in the future.

Please let us know what SF customer service does/says.

The A2 is still on my list of "possible" buys, and the more bug reports, as well as solutions, the more likely I'll buy one (within limits, of course). I know I'll have the added advantage of a knowledge base of issues that could occur with the unit as well as the causes and exact steps needed to resolve.