Google Checkout ? Pro's and Con's ?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Just had someone send me a Google Checkout invoice, and it seemed simple enough to use, but this was my first time. Wondering why this doesn't get more promotion/use by sellers (vs. PayPal).

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
i trust google more than i trust paypal! paypal just has a lot of momentum behind it, not to mention the stranglehold eBay has using it with its auctions. i think people just need to keep using it, promoting it etc and itll get there someday...

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
GC is fairly new and of course not tied to eBay like PayPal. PayPal was essentially the first and of course huge now (100 Million plus users) so it's sort of become the Internet $ and standard way of doing biz. That could change of course since IMO the Google guys really have it together and seeing how eBay is doing down hill fast and eBay owns PayPal I expect there will be competition moving in on PayPal. Actually there already are lots of alternatives but people trust Google and I think it has a good future in the Goggle checkout not to mention all the other things they do well.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I have not heard enough about Google Checkout to even look at it more than paying this one bill. Do they have the same type of function of setting up an account, sending to/from your bank account, better fee charges to make it worth looking into further?