Surefire KX2C 120 lumens/2hours need info

stuart

Newly Enlightened
Saw this on Batterjunctions site. Said it was an E2 led upgrade. No photo and more info to come. Said will do 120 lumens for 2 hours. Anyone hear about this? Its not on surefires site I'm wondering if its going to be a non crenalated strick bezel version of the E2DL Head. I've been off the form for a while but not that I'm back to browsing I've gone crazy: optimus,invictus, e1backup, two stage kx2, where does the madness end? I started out just wanting to updrade an old KL1. Whats a man to do. I know, (honey, bring me the credit card)

Kato

Enlightened
I'm wondering if its going to be a non crenalated strick bezel version of the E2DL Head.

That's exactly what it is. Also, it's only single stage.

It's meant to be a replacement head for the Surefire Scoutlight, but it will fit on E-series bodies.

stuart

Newly Enlightened
outstanding, that's what I wanted to hear. I was hoping they would come out with the non-strike bezel version (hopefully in olive drab). The price seems steep though, not much cheaper than the complete E2dl. THanks for the info.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
outstanding, that's what I wanted to hear. I was hoping they would come out with the non-strike bezel version (hopefully in olive drab). The price seems steep though, not much cheaper than the complete E2dl. THanks for the info.

Well, all Surefire prices will go up in September. For example, the E1B will go from $110 to $145. So I'm sure the E2DL will go up as well...and then people won't be saying "The KX2C costs as much as a whole E2DL" anymore. :)

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, all Surefire prices will go up in September. For example, the E1B will go from $110 to $145. So I'm sure the E2DL will go up as well...and then people won't be saying "The KX2C costs as much as a whole E2DL" anymore. :)

Yikes. Making this already expensive hobby even more expensive.

LA OZ

Enlightened
The price of fuel in Australia is $1.70 to $1.80/Liter. This will eat into my pocket and less spare for SF light. SF's price will be painful to swallow.:sick2:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw this on Batterjunctions site. Said it was an E2 led upgrade. No photo and more info to come. Said will do 120 lumens for 2 hours.

Actually, the web site says that it will provide "tactical level light" for 2 hrs, and that light level is defined as at least 50 lumens. Sounds like to me that there might be some thermal regulation going on that cuts back the light output as the lamp heats up.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
But still cheaper than say, an engagement ring. :whistle:

stuart...just wait till you get to LEGO'ing E-series parts!

That's so true :eek:
I just applied for insurance for the ring and it was a few hundred dollars :faint:

matt0

Enlightened

Wait... Why are they going up in September? Was there a recent discussion about this and I missed it?