"Myers-Briggs" Personality Type Indicator - what are you?

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - what are you?

Extraverted (44%) Sensing (12%) Feeling (50%) Judging (1%)

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Wonder how many qualified people got turned down for a job because of this ridiculous test that sooo many companies treat as Holy Gospel. :ironic:

cat

Enlightened

Mastermind INTJ.
Although many of the test questions were not specific enough to different situations - in other words, the answer would more correctly be "It depends." So, I think it's quite inaccurate.

Rational Portrait of the Mastermind (INTJ)All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.
Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.
Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast

[SIZE=-0]YOUR TYPE[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]E[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]N[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]T[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]J[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]25[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]25[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]11[/SIZE]

Last edited:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mastermind INTJ.
Although many of the test questions were not specific enough to different situations - in other words, the answer would more correctly be "It depends." So, I think it's quite inaccurate.

so INTJ doesnt describe you well? i find that the description matches me pretty darn well :eek:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast

My description matched me well at the time I took the test. However, the results are not even close to an indicator of who I am on a day to day basis. I can be ESFJ, or INTJ at any given moment, depending on the situation at hand. Some of us are simply too adaptable to be corned into a cursory, absolute description.

meuge

Enlightened

[SIZE=+1]Your Type is
[SIZE=+2] ISFJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]IntrovertedSensingFeelingJudging [SIZE=+0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE] 1112544

jtr1962

Flashaholic

Your Type is INFP (Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving). Strength of the preferences: Introverted-56%, Intuitive-50%, Feeling-12%, Perceiving-33%

Idealist Portrait of the Healer (INFP)

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity (around one percent of the population), Healers can feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

Princess Diana, Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow", and Isabel Meyers are examples of a Healer Idealists.

I agree with some of the other posters that these questions can't all be answered with a simple yes or no. Oddly, I think the test better describes me as I was perhaps 25 years ago, before being jaded by life. I probably still exhibit most of these traits, but I seldom act on them any more.

Martin

Enlightened

This indicator is going to be pretty constant throughout a person's life, and it tells a lot about a person.
I feel such information shouldn't be scattered across the I'net.

RGB_LED

Enlightened

7 / 15 responses indicated INTJ was their personality so far (including myself). Is there a slight pattern for Flashoholics here or just an anomaly based on the currently small sample size?

Btw, I thought this sentence was a good descriptor about Flashoholics... "Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be."

For me, Plan B or C is Light #2, 3...

jtr1962

Flashaholic

This indicator is going to be pretty constant throughout a person's life, and it tells a lot about a person.

I feel such information shouldn't be scattered across the I'net.
Posting info like this here is probably fairly harmless. After all, people could be lying about their results, or perhaps never took the test at all but posted the personality type they thought they were. Giving these tests to prospective employees is silly I think. All the career choices suggested for my personality type are most definitely not things I would enjoy doing.

swampgator

Enlightened

My description matched me well at the time I took the test. However, the results are not even close to an indicator of who I am on a day to day basis.

I've taken it four times and got four different results over a course of 23 years. I've found that's it more of an indicator my mood at the particular time I take it. The test I just took indicates: INFJ

I think the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) is a better test. It has over 500 questions so it can more acutely narrow down responses as opposed to the MB test, whose questions I find to be too vague.

Last edited: