• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 92mW Blu-Ray! - Kryton Barrel/FlexDrive/803T!

jayrob

Enlightened
Not FS: 92mW Blu-Ray! - Kryton Barrel/FlexDrive/803T!

No longer selling these... Please read this:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1231511226/0

Nothing but the best components for this awesome blu-ray! :D
The one pictured here has been sold, but I have one more of these 'hard to come by', 1st run barrels to build!
803T-1.jpg

* PHR-803T blu-ray diode.
* Kryton barrel by Kenom.
* FlexDriver by Lava. (set at 90mA's)
* Powered by 2 X 3.0 volt Lithium primaries.
* You can expect between 80mW's to 90mW's at this current. (AixiZ acrylic lens - plastic cut away) Some are running these diodes HOTTER.

The excellent driver by Lava, is held in a sturdy position by some 'quick set epoxy putty'. Which will come off easy enough if the LD should ever need to be replaced.
Here's a beam shot:
803T-2.jpg

Normal garage lighting, with some smoke.
I have left the aperture cap and o-rings off, and will include them for the buyer to install if desired. I personally like the aperture cap installed. But it makes focussing a little more tricky...you have to use a toothpick or a small screw driver with the aperture cap installed.
My personal preference for the o-rings, is not to have them installed. (I like to tighten the end caps metal to metal, and tighter than the rubber o-rings allow - just to make sure of a good connection, as the negative battery current travels through the threads)
Using lithium primaries, mean that the laser can sit for months, and not lose charge.

Match burn video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29rmzOsaMI8

Red burner builds, testimonials, and reviews are here!:
http://www.sonic.net/~jayrob/MXDL/
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
Man, this forum must be a bonanza for you....4 sales threads in 17 posts! :poke: Question about these pretty blu-ray lasers regarding eye protection? I know about and have protection for red and green...but am assuming another is needed for this wavelength.

Also, why does this Youtube video look so much more distinct blue if same source?

Well, I have had these same threads in LPF and just decided to post them here as well...

I have been told that blu-blocker sun glasses are pretty good for the blu-rays. I have a pair. But I haven't used them because I don't use the blu-rays for burning. I like the fluorescence quality. They are really cool at night in the dark. The blu-blocker glasses would probably not be the greatest for a direct shot, but for burning and stuff, I am told they are fine.

As far as the video, different cameras show the blu-rays differently. Most still shots are really blue. My camera shows the more realisic violet color. To me, that video looks more blue than violet. It is not like that in person. My pictures and video are pretty much like what you will see if you were standing there. My video of the match burn, is using the same 803T diode and same driver as well, that I am using in the 'Pocket Pal' builds...
Jay

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
OK, good to know the difference in video colors is camera related, and info about eye protection. I'll look into this a bit further. It does look like you use quality components! Thanks!