EX10 (1xCR123A) and D10 (1xAA) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchoo

Enlightened
CPF Marketplace Thread

4Sevens has posted a CPF Marketplace thread regarding these new lights, with complete preorder information and an official features/UI description. Check it out!

Looks like we've got some new single cell lights coming up soon, both priced at $59. Can anyone share information about these new additions?

https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_55&products_id=501
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_55&products_id=502

ETA:

These are NOT Fenix products, but 4sevens!

4sevens posted a teaser pic for us here!

Updated summary of features here!

Last edited:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: (1xCR123A) and D10 (1xAA) Part 2

screw it, im down. i got faith! ordered a D10 + CPF8 + Insurance.

hopefully this is an NDI killer, and will replace that as my non-work EDC. long runtimes on primaries hopefully! :grin2:

:popcorn:

alright fine, ordered an EX10 as well. i like the shorter form factor. why not. then ill probably keep the one i want and return or sell off the other...

update: hmmmm, maybe not...

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marduke - thanks for the info on the MCU. It seems we have more confirmation on that in one of the last posts in the first thread. As far as batteries go you are right. But look at the runtimes listed for this light for RCR123 vs. 14500 - they are identical. Maybe that's just theoretical but I still don't think a 14500 has 50% more capacity in the real world.

mchlwise

Enlightened
No way, it's very simple. :)

Meh. :ironic:

. . . material deleted for same reason given by Unforgiven. . .

It looks easy enough to get into Max or Min, but getting from either of those to somewhere in the middle seems a little cumbersome.

I'd have preferred if it had 3 "settable" modes, so I could pre-set my own max, min, and middle and not have to adjust "on the fly" for something in between.

:sigh:

Last edited by a moderator:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say I am a little dissappointed if that is actually the UI that we have to use as well. Looks like a very nice light, but as some have stated, too complicated. I want something Newbie simple, mostly because I don't want to have to think about using it. Not that I can't grasp the concept, I just don't want to be bothered.

Also, I may just be spoiled, but with 180 lumens available as easily as they are in a Q5 Fenix, why go back to 130?

jbviau

Enlightened
Hmm, well I did find the description a little confusing. If you have to triple click to get min brightness from OFF and you have to triple click and hold it to get max brightness from OFF, then what level do you get if you just click once from OFF?

mchlwise

Enlightened
Hmm, well I did find the description a little confusing. If you have to triple click to get min brightness from OFF and you have to triple click and hold it to get max brightness from OFF, then what level do you get if you just click once from OFF?

The last level used - whatever that was.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a great UI to me - no SOS or strobe just a click or two to get anything. But then I tend to like the more complex UI's - however this ones seems simple enough....
That last bit of info from beeboy02 pushed me over the edge - hopefully this is correct. :paypal:

Centropolis

Enlightened

If you just click once from off....you should get whatever the level it is memorized in the light.

I ordered the EX10...cuz it looks tiny compared to the Extreme....very pocketable. I am still trying decide the 14500 to get. In terms of output it seems to be on par with the NDI.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you click on from off I think you get the last mode use, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

You can just ramp to whatever level you want, set it, and leave it. Then you have a 1-stage light that comes on and off at whatever level you set it. If you would need to drop down to min or max it's as easy as a couple clicks.

Centropolis

Enlightened
I have to say I am a little dissappointed if that is actually the UI that we have to use as well. Looks like a very nice light, but as some have stated, too complicated. I want something Newbie simple, mostly because I don't want to have to think about using it. Not that I can't grasp the concept, I just don't want to be bothered.

Also, I may just be spoiled, but with 180 lumens available as easily as they are in a Q5 Fenix, why go back to 130?

Compared to the Fenix L1D or P2D, this is a bit more complicated but relatively speaking it's not that bad when you compared to and NDI or Liteflux.

mchlwise

Enlightened
Sounds like a great UI to me - no SOS or strobe just a click or two to get anything. But then I tend to like the more complex UI's

You would LOVE the LiteFlux LF5XTwhatever that I just got. It's fully programmable, and complex enough to be a challenge. But once you've got it programmed, it can be as simple as you want it to be. I've got mine set for 3 modes only, low - med - high, no strobe at all. It remembers where I left it last time, and 2 clicks gets it to the next level - easy schmeezy. :thumbsup:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
UH-Ohhh - bummer - that was the info I was counting on and made the purchase on. Well I am going to say either way it sounds like a light worth having.

Status
Not open for further replies.