Need a better flood pattern

silat

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I currently use a pelilite 1800 for walks with the German Shepherds.Its perfect for cutting thru the fog or mist but its not a flood pattern.
I dont want anything bigger in size. Can you recommend something as durable, waterproof or water resistant that has a flood type beam pattern? No headlamps:)
C,D,AA or AAA please........ Might be able to be convinced to use other batteries for the right bribe:)

Pelilite info:

Peak Beam Candlepower:
10,000 Candle Power
Tested Lumens:
15 Lumens
Watts:
2.22 watts
Battery Burntime:
6 - 7 hrs. Batteries
Lamp Life:
30 hours bulb life
Size:
6" in length

Last edited:

silat

Newly Enlightened
There won't be anything with a flood pattern that will cut through fog.

Thanks for the reply.. I should have been more clear. I dont want it for fog. I just want good/great throw with a wider beam. The pelilite is a very narrow beam.
Up to $125 or less is the price range....... LOL Who am I kidding:)

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Silat, have you considered "modifying" your existing light? For a quick, low-tech, low-cost way to "diffuse" the beam, try frosted "invisible" tape or "clear" contact paper. Write Right PDA screen protectors have a good reputation, too, but I don't know if they're still available (frosted type for black and white PDAs).

There is some light/lumen loss, but for me, it's negligible. I have been using "invisible" tape on several of my lights for years now. Works great to smooth and widen the beams of my "pinpoint" Underwater Kinetics lights. Also rids my Surefire E1e/KL1 of its ugly square beam.

The finished look is ugly and amateurish, and I don't know if the adhesive will have any permanent, adverse effects on the lenses, but it's function over form for me...at least for now. YMMV.

GregWormald

Enlightened
I'm not familiar with your light but if there is a flat window or lens, then a diffuser cut from the lightly stippled part of a thin CD or DVD case works well. Just cut a circle of plastic and you will often be able to 'click' it into place above the glass.
Greg

silat

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the ideas.. But I was hoping to buy a light. I like my pelilite for the misty foggy weather in winter. But I need a light that fits the needs mentioned above..

Thanks