The BEST power-to-size ratio UNDER 3X123 size?

maxa beam

Banned
In a LED package.
Throw run-time aside. 10 minutes can be the baseline. It would serve as pocket/keychain light for light flaunting and also, if it has multiple modes, occasional EDC.

I considered the Lummi Orb Raw. 160 lumens in that package is..

Unreal.

But then there's the UB2 coming out, etc..

And remember, guys, this includes customs. If it's not out yet, even.

Last edited:

maxa beam

Banned
According to his post, only 35 will be made, and I'm sure those will go fast. I'll be buying this in a few months (4 ish) when I have the finances available for it.. Custom made on-ear head-phones and custom knives drained me for this month.

Though the idea of 400 lumens in that package makes me want to smack myself for not having the finances. Lights always come first for me, and now I wish I'd have slacked off on my spending.

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked into using a 3 X 2/3 A sized Elite brand NiMH 1500 mAh battery setup? It would be a good 30% smaller in total length and diameter than that of a 3 X 123A rig and can pump out enough amps to redline a pair of P7's for a ten minute run.

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked into using a 3 X 2/3 A sized Elite brand NiMH 1500 mAh battery setup? It would be a good 30% smaller in total length and diameter than that of a 3 X 123A rig and can pump out enough amps to redline a pair of P7's for a ten minute run.

Aren't 2/3A and CR123A the same size?

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not always. Check the CPF Wiki for battery sizes and then check the size of the Elite cells.

Sometimes sizes aren't so cut and dried.

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 123A sized li-ion cells are as long as 3 and a half Elite 2/3 A NiMH cells.

Those Elite cells are not exactly 2/3 A even though they fall into that size slot.

Last edited:

maxa beam

Banned
160 lumens in under AA format, blegh. I'd get a Fenix L0D Q4 and put in some lithiums. 200 lumens on high.

What really shocks me is ARCmania's light. I've never, ever seen 400 lumens in a package THAT small. I expected at the most a 7 minute run-time, but TWENTY.

That's like having a M6 Guardian WITH the high-output bulb in, keychain size, SAME RUN-TIME as with the high-output bulb, no filament to break, probably a better beam.. 1 CR123 (!!!). It's like a 1XCR123 Invictus with the same run-time (I expect 40, 30 minutes on the Invictus on high), KEYCHAIN body, etc.

Triple A

Newly Enlightened
Just a very poor man's suggestion here- and I know it can't compete with some of the amazing ultra tiny custom lights I read about here on CPF. (And fantasize about owning!)

The Fenix P1 q2 SE from FenixStore with 3.7 lithium ion rechargeable seems MUCH MUCH brighter than my NovaTac 120p. (Just my opinion, with a ceiling bounce test...) I think run time is probably limited by not wanting to melt the light to your hand, or watch the reflector drip out like candle wax. I love this setup, and EDC it on my belt. I keep a regular 123 lithium handy in case I need less light for a longer time.

Brigadier

Enlightened
Jet Beam Jet-II Pro

1XCR123A/RCR123A

3 user programmable levels

225 lumens max[40 min]

2 lumens min[60 hours]

Multiple strobe oprions

Ty III ano finish

Bezel down pocket clip.

NetMage

Enlightened
160 lumens in under AA format, blegh.

The draco isn't smaller than a AA format light, it is smaller than a AA battery - in fact, I think it is smaller than a AAA battery.

Carry one every day.

Also typically carry a P1D CE, still one of the smallest, brightest lights I have.

However, I think my main EDC, the Spy 005, may meet your requirements pretty well too.

Last edited: