driver upgrade for SL Microstream?

alibaba

Enlightened
Hello, I'm pretty new here but I did do a search and didn't find anything sooooooooooo.......................is there anybody who can mod the Streamlight Microstream with a new driver? The SSC emitter/reflector combo in mine has, for me, PERFECT beam and tint. The SSC used in the MS is super tiny and I'm guessing that's what helps it get such a tight hotspot from such a small diameter reflector. Mine also has beautifuly smooth spill but for it's output this light has great reach and a superb all-around beam. What I'd like is to make it a two-mode light and bump up the high a bit, something like starting out on high with 40-50 lumens and with a 2nd press drop down to 5 lumens. I use this light all the time because it's tiny, light, has a great clip and forward clicky and that PERFECT BEAM! If I could make it a little brighter with a low mode I'd have my perfect daily use light. Can anybody help me? :help::D

alibaba

Enlightened
The LOD head fits the microstream. Think of it as the "FenixStream". It's a nice little light.

Yeah, I like the LOD (a friend has one that I've played with) but the MS beam is just so superior to me that I want to keep the emitter/reflector combo stock. My MS reaches out as far as his LOD Q4 on high (obviously with lower overall output) while getting 4-5 times the runtime with lithium primaries. The MS just has the tightest beam I've ever seen in a aaa light while still having loads of smooth spill. I don't know how they did it with a reflector < 1/2" dia but I think the small size of the actual emitter may have helped. If you've never seen a MS in action the beam is so beautiful it brings a tear to my eye.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SSC P9 in the MicroStream is already running at spec. There's no good way to get it to put out more light with a new driver. It will burn out shortly. It's only a .5W device.