TK10 Runtimes?

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading various threads on the TK10, and unless I've missed it, I couldn't see much info about runtimes. Can anyone point me in the direction of some info about runtimes on various types of battery? Also, I've read that the upcoming TK11 will use 18650 batteries for improved - any idea how much longer a typical light will last on an 18650 vs two CR123s?

Thanks,

Dave.

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies :). So it looks like the main gain is double the run time on turbo for the TK11, and a couple of hours extra on low power. Hmm... I need to have a think if that would be worth having over the TK10...

Dave.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you plan to use rechargeables then go for the TK11 as the runtime will be much better with it on 18650s than the TK10 will be on RCR123s.

17670s do not work well on the TK10 as the voltage is too low for it to operate properly on high mode.

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
Tony,

Thanks for the info :). The TK11 does look like an interesting option. If only there were some pics of the black version...

Edit: Also, does anyone have any idea of the grip ring will be removable as on the TK10? I quite like the look of the TK10 on black with the orange ring :).

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Tony,

Thanks for the info :). The TK11 does look like an interesting option. If only there were some pics of the black version...

Edit: Also, does anyone have any idea of the grip ring will be removable as on the TK10? I quite like the look of the TK10 on black with the orange ring :).

It should look virtually identical to the black TK10.