Legend LX question

D

**DONOTDELETE**

As I am sitting here waiting patiently for my Legend LX to arrive, I read a review of the light at lightsite (I think). It mentioned something about the bulb staying in the socket using friction as opposed to a screw in bulb, or a snap-in bulb (if that's what they're called). It said not to drop the light on its face with the light on or the bulb could pop out of the socket. How fragile is this?? and is it a large problem? or just freak occurence... cuz if that's the case, it probably won't get much use except for light-duty housework... can anyone shed any light on this?
smile.gif
(how do ya like that?)

--erik

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bulb working its way out of the socket is my only complaint with the LX. The bulb is a bi-pin which you just push into the two holed socket. Friction keeps it in place, but there's just not enough pressure to hold it in no matter what. I've had the bulb in mine work its way loose.

InTheDark

Enlightened
If you bend the pins a little, they hold a lot better, but the bulb will still fall out if you slam it down hard on the head of the flashlight. Either way, if you drop the flashlight hard enough to knock the bulb loose, you probably broke the bulb anyway.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

how about carefully roughing up the pins with med-to-coarse sandpaper?