Anyone here own an ARC LSH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangster

Newly Enlightened
I was just wondering how they're packaged or sold.
Someone told me they come in ziplock bags.
Is that true? Not that it matters, just want to make sure
I'm buying from a legit source and I get it the same way
that everyone gets it...get it?

Thanks

stangster

Newly Enlightened
One more thing...

The "source" i'm thinking about getting it from has a picture of the LSH with a two-tone like coloring. The tail switch part was much lighter than the bulb part. Can it be a very noticeable difference? Like I said, if that's the norm then it's all good. I can get it!
Can someone school me on some info?

thanks

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
Re: One more thing...

This is true, both part a and part b. It does come in a ziploc bag. The anodizing very well could be mis-matched. My LSH anodizing has quite a bit of tint variation while my LSL standard has a much lighter tint color, it matches perfectly. I believe the new anodizing process is supposed to bring color variations to a minimum. Hope this helps.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome to the CPF Stangster!

Yes, all the Arc-LS series are currently packaged in a simple ziplock bag. The light is still a fairly new design but fancier packaging is on the way.

Also, some tint mismatch is normal for parts coated with Hard Anodize (HA). This is because very small changes in the surface properties have a large effect on the hue.

Peter

darkgear.com

Enlightened

Nooooooooo....Fancy packaging?? what are you thinkin? Heh, I think we like the zip lock bags thing here on the CPF. Any other packaging just wouldn't seem right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

stangster

Newly Enlightened
spinkid

Thanks..that's exactly what I needed to know!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

stangster

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Gransee!

I'm glad to be here!

And I can't wait to get my hands on this puppy. I at first didn't want to get a "spensive" light (anything above $40 is pricey to me!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif), but after some research, these LSH's seem like a GOOD value.

And I wasn't complaining about the packaging...I just wanted to make sure that I was getting it the way everyone else got them.

People...is this the right choice for my first real "cool and expensive" light?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Thanks Gransee!

That ziplock thing is an Arc trademark. Can't do away with that now can we? That day will be a sad day indeed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stangster

Newly Enlightened

Oh sheeeyet!

I just got ordered it! WOOOOHOOO...I can't wait! I also ordered the ARC AAA! 3 of them!! haha!! Time to say goodbye to my minimag keychains! My fiancee is going to kill me!

I better not get too excited. What if I build up too much of an expectation for these lights? Just like seeing a movie after watching a million trailers for it...ya know?

lol..she's gonna kill me.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your fiance is going to kill you? This may be the wrong forum for you my friend, because as I have recently discovered in the last month, you may find that you have need of more flashlights for different reasons than you can possibly justify in any way to anyone for any good or even poor reason, heh, heh, heh,heh.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stangster you ordered the AAA's but were talking about the LSH, which maybe you know is not the AAA light. If you're still on the border about the LSH, I'd recommend the premium version, (aka "LSH-P" around here) which you should order pronto before you get married and your best friend becomes also your accountant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And if you had intended to order all of the AAA's and the LSH, well, you've come to the right place. You'll always hear "just get both". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

peter: he ordered them both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif i too have an arc lsh-p on the way...really excited about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

read my sig line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good job, Stangster! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Through your recent buying decisions, you have proven that you truly belong in the ever-exciting world of the CPF and its group of happy obsessives!

Welcome aboard, and best wishes to you!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Message to Peter...

Peter, please don`t EVER stop using the baggies for your LS packaging. It`s become a hallowed tradition and expectation in the wonderful Land of Arc.

If, for any reason, you ever do feel compelled to "go uptown" on us and start using a "fancy" package, at least give some of us purists the chance to still get our LS`s in the original baggie.

No more baggies...!?!
I just don`t need this extra turmoil in my life right now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened

Guys you can't go wrong with the LSHP. It's the best 1w LS light out there.A must have!

Flow

Newly Enlightened

I havn't bought anything yet as I'm waiting for the $ to come in so I can send the $ out. Anyway, the ziplock thing just assures that Arc will be first on my list ^_^ See, I like knowing that my $ is going for the product itself instead of flashy packaging I'm just going to throw away. Stick to plastic bags, it says a lot more then advertising.

I should probably mention I'm also the sort of person who spends more at 'little' stores instead of wal-mart just so I know who to talk to when something goes wrong, and the owners (being a smaller buisness) generally care more about quality and support.

$130 for head and $40 for 2AA battery pack. Not bad. Plastic bag? Now I *know* it's worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened

I saved my LSH-P plastic bag with the QC sticker on it. I actually like how the Arc LS series come in a clear plastic bag... how can I describe this? It's like a no-frills show and yet there's an incredibly serious light in that audacious little bag. Maybe it's just me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I feel like ordering another Premium Arc LS now...

-Jim

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

when the quality of the product speaks for itself, you don't need fluff packaging.

my LSH-P is on the way and i can't wait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.