protected batt, or not necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lux-or

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
My Barbolight (B15) has unprotected 18650 batteries...
I asked myself if it is a risk for batteries if runtime is over, and for my future news batt, it is preferable to choose protected?
(but perhaps the Barbo has a protective circuit and it is OK with unprotected?)

Tank's if you know (and apology for my bas english! :eek: )

lux-or

Newly Enlightened
Hello Javier,
Probably a mistake -it is I think a U15: serial BAD062, with 2 18650 (yes?).

Do you know with the reference how much lumen the light is and what sort of led? ('m just curious because now I have read about leds and regulations....)

Last edited:

lux-or

Newly Enlightened
Help Javier!!! :)poke:eek:r someone else! ;) )
Except the mistake about my model, is it necessary to choose protected 18650, or not ? I dont have until this day to use to the end, but I plan a long caving trip next month, so .... ?
Thank's for the lights, "Mr Barbolight" -it's great! :wave:

gjg

Enlightened
Lux-or - it is NOT necessary to use protected 18650's in Barbolights. In fact, Javiers' recommended 18650 is the Sanyo, which is NOT protected. His logic on this is that if used diving or caving, he much would rather have a slowly dimming light than one that went out quickly when the protection kicked in... I have used both with equally good results, just keep a good charge on your unprotected cells.
Greg :D

Help Javier!!! :)poke:eek:r someone else! ;) )
Except the mistake about my model, is it necessary to choose protected 18650, or not ? I dont have until this day to use to the end, but I plan a long caving trip next month, so .... ?
Thank's for the lights, "Mr Barbolight" -it's great! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.