• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2 m@gs 4 sale

beetleguise

Enlightened
I have too many flashlights!
First up, mag 62138 from fivemega. 1 used 62138 and 1 new, 12 elite high discharge NiMh and 1 dummy cell all ready to go. Only charged about 4 cycles and in great shape. There is a small blemish from being chucked up in the lathe I am assuming, but it is very minor. It also has the kiu bezel with glowdots, but I think I still have the original I can send with it. This light is similar to the USL, only not so S. Caution: it can start fires!
SOLD

Second up, a 3 cree drop in (modified to match the unique bezel), custom machine job (I am not sure who did it) that makes the bezel blend in completely, 2 AW protected c cells which are only a few months old, 3 mode unique driver which lights up 1,2, or 3 leds at a time. This light is bright! I think the LED's are cree Q5's, but not sure. Just check out the beamshots:twothumbs.
$130.00 shipped. Spf to lucero
DSCI2496.jpg

DSCI2503.jpg

Left for comparison mag 85, center 3 cree, right 62138
DSCI2501.jpg

Last edited:

beetleguise

Enlightened
I have not let it run to see how long it will last, but I am guessing no more than 15 minutes. The switch was modded by fivemega to handle 10 amps and there is a heatsink pressed in the head with the bi-pin adapter. I put a high shine reflector in for maximum brightness, but there are artifacts in the beam. This thing is around 3500 lumens if I remember correctly with this bulb configuration. You can take the dummy cell out and add the other battery for use with 50 watt bulbs for more runtime if you like, here is the original link:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176255

Last edited:

Lucero

Enlightened
Are the cree LEDs showing blue tint in the photo... or is it my monitor? I'll take it if the light output is white...

:takeit:

beetleguise

Enlightened
Here is the drop in link
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9358
I think it has a slight bluish tint, but it is white. When compared to a yellow incan light, it appears slightly blue.
I personally can't believe how bright it is for being 3x cree p-4. It might be the nice reflector/heatsink. I work at night as an aircraft mechanic and all the guys are most interested in this light out of all my superlights-they just don't want a pretty light because it will get banged up at work.
To make this "drop in" work, I had to shave off a lot so the bezel would remain flush with the head, and the battery tube had to be de-anodized to ground against the heatsink. Otherwise, this would be a true drop in.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the drop in link
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9358
I think it has a slight bluish tint, but it is white. When compared to a yellow incan light, it appears slightly blue.
I personally can't believe how bright it is for being 3x cree p-4. It might be the nice reflector/heatsink. I work at night as an aircraft mechanic and all the guys are most interested in this light out of all my superlights-they just don't want a pretty light because it will get banged up at work.
To make this "drop in" work, I had to shave off a lot so the bezel would remain flush with the head, and the battery tube had to be de-anodized to ground against the heatsink. Otherwise, this would be a true drop in.
Hey Beetle...this is a great light guys. The machine work was done by Mirage_Man(Who you all know does fantastic work). This mag is even nicer in person!!! It is really unique the way Mirage_Man shaved the bezel, gives it a very cool look. You won't go wrong with this mag! Good luck Beetle,:wave:

Lucero

Enlightened
Second up, a 3 cree drop in (modified to match the unique bezel), custom machine job (I am not sure who did it) that makes the bezel blend in completely, 2 AW protected c cells which are only a few months old, 3 mode unique driver which lights up 1,2, or 3 leds at a time. This light is bright! I think the LED's are cree Q5's, but not sure.
EDIT: too many brews & bbq = fuzzy reading.

The LEDs are either Q5s or P4s... more likely to be P4s.

Hmmm.

If the light + batteries are fully functional, I will transfer funds for this light.

Lucero

Last edited:

beetleguise

Enlightened
Hi choppers, you like what I did with your light?

I bought the host from Choppers a while back, but I finished the light. I just don't get how this light is brighter than my mag85. Mathematically it can't be, but it is. I have been messing with my mag85 to see if there is something wrong, but it is fine. The only reason I don't sell that light is because it was my first mod, and I have aircraft800's laser etching on the host, so it is kind of sentimental.:mecry:
The link above is the heat sink/led/driver I put in it, and the batteries are only a few months old with only a couple of charges on them. Yes, it is supposed to be cree p-4, but it is really bright! The host itself is in great shape.
I also had to take apart the switch and stretch the spring so as you cycle on and off it only does one level. The c switches will break contact as you push past momentary and then release to the locked position.
I have only two lights for home, and two for work, the rest I don't need. I am planning more builds, but they will be very spectacular and I will sell the ones not in use.
This light will not disappoint you.
Rick

Last edited: