The Sugar Trick

Alero

Enlightened
I've been using this trick for years, but for some reason it never occurred to me until today that other people don't know about it.

Whenever I have something with an ugly logo on it that I'd like to remove without scratching what's underneath, I use a sugar cube on it. Just rub it on the logo and it goes away forever with no scratching. You can also use regular white sugar if you don't have cubes.

This is a great trick for getting the logo (Sprint, Verizon, etc..) off your cell phone if you unlock it and change companies.

Don't use water. Just rub it on dry.

I thought about it today because I had several lights with various logos on type II anodizing. They included "made in china"," Husky", and "Garrity."

Hope somebody find this helpful!

scottaw

Enlightened
It's always the simplest things....i'm now looking around to see what doesn't need a label anymore, i love the clean look, thanks for the trick.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Intriguing ... I thought about using very very fine sandpaper, but I'll give sugar cube a shot. If it doesn't work, I could still use it for my coffee :D

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I appreciate that you created this thread.... But I doubt that Husky or Garrity would agree. ;)

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, It works!

I tried it on this wooden apple I have with an annoying logo. Nothing else I've tried worked.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
I dont think this would work on HAIII right? my cousin wont buy a P2d because of the logo, she wants it " clean ". LOL im trying to make everybody close to me carry a flashlight LOLL

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it wont work on anything where the letters were etched or engraved into the actual metal, this is only for things that have been silkscreened on / applied to the surface.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sugar works as a mild abrasive.
If you want really mild most toothpaste has Diatomaceous Earth in it and it is good for that kind of thing.
Swimming pool filters also use it.

It is also edible and makes a fairly good insecticide.
The diatoms are sharp and cut the exoskeleton. Bugs don't heal.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alero, thanks for the tip. I'm one of those "other people" who didn't know about this trick. Anxious to try it out.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sugar cube will make my flashlights very sweet and tasty :p

Patriot

Flashaholic
Mike Painter
If you want really mild most toothpaste has Diatomaceous Earth in it and it is good for that kind of thing.
Swimming pool filters also use it.

It is also edible and makes a fairly good insecticide.
The diatoms are sharp and cut the exoskeleton. Bugs don't heal.

Just don't breath in DE because it's pretty bad for the lungs. I wear a N95 rated mask when messing with it.

Last edited: