Purchased a SF M3 have some questions

holmes

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone been lurking a while finally joined in.This is a great website I have alway's enjoyed it.I just purchased a M3 and want to do some mod's to it,the light will be used for EDC and also mounted to my AR 15
(I will get the CAA swivel mount) for night hunting.I have searched on here for some question's but did not get all them answered help would be appreciated.

Is the M3T head with a Lumen Factory HO bulb the way to go
Can I get a M3T head with a crenalated bezel
Looking for A19 extensions where can I get them maybe one or two
What batteries should I run (rechargeables?)
Looking for a pressure switch
What other mod's can I do to this light to make it really bright
I would like to stay with an incan bulb
Is there a place to make one phone call and get everything

Thank's for all the help (sorry for all the question's)
Shaunt

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I can answer some of your questions.

Using an LF lamp is the way to go if you're going to be using rechargeable cells in your Surefire.

Don't see a crenalated bezel listed on Surefire's site, for that model.

Best place to find A19 extenders = OpticsHQ.
Link ~ http://www.opticshq.com/page/Optics/PROD/Surefire-Accessories/Surefire-A19

Keep in mind that if you're going to use an extender, you'll be better off running the LF lamp rated for the Surefire M4, instead of the M3T. I don't recommend using two A19s on your M3T.

AW makes the best protected, rechargeable cells out there. You can find them over at the CPF marketplace, or buy them from Lighthound.com (The Hound has an excellent reputation. Highly recommended).
Link ~ http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1155

I'd recommend keeping the light as stock as possible, for reliability reasons. Too many aftermarket mods may compromise the reliability of your M3T. Since this will be a weapon-light, you don't want to sacrifice reliability for a bit of extra brightness.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or you can get the mod that I have...M3 Transgressor!

600 lumen for an hour, guilt-free. Or 300 lumen for 4 hours. Titanium crenelated bezel. :naughty:

transgressor3.jpg

holmes

Newly Enlightened
Wow that transgressor is pretty sweet! I don't know if I am quite ready for that yet.Thanks for the info so far I am looking at adding one A19 extension with the LF HO bulb and looking for a TH will a M4 stock head work as long as I use the right battery and bulb setup?

DM51

Flashaholic
Before you spend more $$ on a turbohead, try the stock M3 head + A19 + MN11 + 2x17670 Li-Ions. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Patriot

Flashaholic
:welcome:

plus one to what DM51 said.

That would make an outstanding set up with great run-time.

Yes, any M3/M4/M6 bezel will work for you as long as you use the correct bulb and battery combination.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best things in Life are free.

Then again, you can always rent Love. :whistle:

I don't think any of the McGizmo Titanium lights are free! Best things in Life right there!

I don't think anything is even free anymore. Food, water? No way. Air, maybe...until you have to use an O2 tank. What's left? Love? Anyone that thinks love is free obviously has never dated. haha. And of course, there's the emotional cost...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't think anything is even free anymore. Food, water? No way. Air, maybe...until you have to use an O2 tank. What's left? Love? Anyone that thinks love is free obviously has never dated. haha. And of course, there's the emotional cost...

You can get a CPF account for free. Ha ha!

Tell me that's not worth it, I dare you. :D

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hello everyone been lurking a while finally joined in.This is a great website I have alway's enjoyed it.I just purchased a M3 and want to do some mod's to it,the light will be used for EDC and also mounted to my AR 15
(I will get the CAA swivel mount) for night hunting.I have searched on here for some question's but did not get all them answered help would be appreciated.

Welcome to CPF!
I'll toss in my thoughts on a few areas here...

Is the M3T head with a Lumen Factory HO bulb the way to go
Personal preference, the LumensFactory bulbs are rated in bulb lumens, so don't get to hung up on big lumen numbers. The M3 head IMO is a much more practical for an EDC size incan. The MN11 for the M3 is *basically* the same bulb as a MN16 for the M3T, basically same lumen output and everything, just different size assembly. On Li-ion cells, the MN11 is the brightest possible bulb available for the M3, but you will ned that extender that DM51 mentioned and the 17670 size cells. On primary CR123 cells, the EO-M3 and MN11 are a very close match in total output, with the EO-M3 making better use of available power and having a longer runtime.

Looking for A19 extensions where can I get them maybe one or two
http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire-adapter-convert-6p-flashlight-to-9v-system-a19.html
http://tncproducts.com/hp_zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=71
http://tncproducts.com/hp_zencart/i...dex&cPath=11&zenid=il6d68m9jun348uk51laivl5b6
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/...rice_+20+<=+50000/sortDrop/Price:+Low+to+High
http://www.tactical-store.com/ts-fs-za-a19.html
(google is your friend)

What batteries should I run (rechargeables?)
I agree with DM51 here, a A19 extender combined with a pair of 17670s for the MN10 or MN11 is a fine rechargeable option. If I were answering this question before the purchase of the M3, I would have told you to buy an M3 bezel, a 2x18650 C - M leefbody from lighthound.com, a surefire C compatible tail-switch of your choice, and a MN11, By the time you pay for a shiny new M3, you can buy almost all of that anyways. And be compatible with the larger format 18650 size li-ion cells, which would have about 30-50% more runtime than the 17670s...

-------------------------

For the sake of a learning experience I'd like to point out the following:
Cost of a M3:
$250

Cost of a rechargeable M3 based on a Leefbody with 18650 cells:
2x18650 C-M leefbody ~$62
SureFire Z46 (M3 Bezel) ~$50
Z48 tailswitch ~$37
MN11 bulb ~$30
2xAW brand 18650 size cells ~$28
Pila ICB charger ~$40

$247

Sorry :(

Eric

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get a CPF account for free. Ha ha!

Tell me that's not worth it, I dare you. :D

Ah, yes...the wonderful CPF membership...truly the best thing in life! haha.

Of course, the internet service to access CPF, the computer used to get onto the internet, and the electricity to power it all...not free. :naughty:

I have some questions for those of you suggesting the A19 extender. First of all, isn't it going to be an ugly color match? And would it be the same if I got an M4 and used the MN15 or MN16 bulbs for turboheads and 2x17670? I might consider doing that since I already have a couple M3 bodies, so an M4 would be unique.

Thanks.

DM51

Flashaholic
The M4 body would be preferable to the M3 body + A19, and the Leef 2x18650 C-M body would be better than either, but I was just going by what the OP said he already had - an M3 body.

holmes

Newly Enlightened
Boy I guess I learned my lesson about asking to mod a light :eek: Thank you to the higher powers for adding Candle Power Wiki I would be lost as heck :help: without it. You guy's are great with an endless amount of knowledge sometimes seem's like the problem I have with this website is I can't take in all the information (which is a good problem to have):naughty: Do any of you guy's ever have get together's in your area? I am in the D/FW area and would like to get together with some people and pick up some tips and see what you guy's have. I am glad to be a part of this website and hopefully I can also contribute one day thanks alot to everyone that chimed in (love all the smiley's by the way :twothumbs:thumbsup:) take care
Shaunt

holmes

Newly Enlightened
I picked the M3 due to size for EDC I figured a M3 can do anything a M4 can with extensions correct?

Patriot

Flashaholic
I picked the M3 due to size for EDC I figured a M3 can do anything a M4 can with extensions correct?

Yes, it sure can. I think the only reason some of us mentioned the M4 or Leef body was that if you're going to turn it into a dedicated 2 x li-ion light, that you might enjoy the cleaner design of a one piece tube. Adding the extension to the M3 will work fine also. Like we were saying, you've already invested into one piece of the lego. :)