Prometheus        
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Sales Thread -- La Petite Killer

Default Re: Sales Thread -- La Petite Killer

The Black Hematite is a real killer color that's fer shure!

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by karlthev View Post
    The Black Hematite is a real killer color that's fer shure!
    Karl
    Japp, and tough as nails. The killer has been hanging out with my car keys for over a month now and still looks as he did the day he arrived, not a single visible scratch. Well, I'm a careful man but I don't pamper my car keys. Makes you wonder though, maybe I should baby the keys since the killer is slowly grinding them down
    Post Tenebras Lux

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonFanatic View Post
    Thanks, Paul--it is on its way to you today.
    Hi Fred,

my petite killer arrived today and I immediately put it on necklace duty. I might call it "mon petit assassin" just to annoy my girlfriend who thinks French is too important a language to be used for ordinary things I really like the finish and feel of this little jewel (ah, mon bijou :-) and am going to test it's usefulness and comfortability for 24/7 carry over the next weeks.

One question though: is there any way to distinguish 40mA drivers from 12 mA drivers from the printing on the board (P.F.-V1). I only ask since i compared the Petite Killer with my AAA Killer and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the output of both lights. Both also have the identical printing on the driver board. I'm curious if I might have got an 12 mA AAA Killer, I wouldn't want to change this though since I'm very satisfied with the AAA Killers performance.

Kind regards
    /paul
    Last edited by herrgurka; 04-14-2009 at 01:50 PM.
    Post Tenebras Lux

Flashaholic*

Paul,

The 40mA drivers should have a gold colored circle around the solder blob; the 12mA would have a black colored circle.
    PhotonFanatic—fanatic@photonfanatic.com
    CPF Custom Builders and Modders
    My Blog

Fred, thanks for your swift answer.

That explains the similarity in output, both my AAA and my Petite Killer have gold coloured circles. I'm quite happy with that since it'll give me a really good runtime for the AAA Killer. I've been waiting for my first Eneloop to quit but it has been running and running.........

For the high output I'll wait for a nice Splash Killer . I really like the dark blue stripes on gold (or any blue/gold design for this old Swede ).
    Post Tenebras Lux

Hi Fred,
    Just to let you know my order went out today! I think this light will be the most anticipated light I've ever ordered, can't wait!! Thanks!

The 40mA drivers should have a gold colored circle around the solder blob; the 12mA would have a black colored circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by mirek View Post
    for La Petite Killer with the 40mA driver, Hematite Black, ALTiN.

Many thanks!
    Is it 12mA driver what I received?

Flashaholic*

mirek,

Could be--note that I said that the 40mA should have a gold circle. It is certainly possible that I used the wrong pen to mark it, too.

Only way to be sure is to test the draw using a DMM.

On the other hand, you can send it back and let me do that, or just let me replace the light with the right driver.
    My Blog

Fred,

thank you very much for your prompt answer
    The brightness is not bad, the possibility of higher brightness is alluring, the decision to let my LPK fly twice over the Atlantic is tough. I will think about all options. I could also buy the rainbow LPK with 40mA to compare. Decisions, decisions...
    I'll let you know

Flashaholic*

Fred,

thank you very much for your prompt answer
    The brightness is not bad, the possibility of higher brightness is alluring, the decision to let my LPK fly twice over the Atlantic is tough. I will think about all options. I could also buy the rainbow LPK with 40mA to compare. Decisions, decisions...
    I'll let you know
    The Rainbow Killer will come with the 90mA driver installed and the new five-die LED, but if you want one with a 40mA, then you would have to sign up for the first batch. The reason for that is that for the first 50 Rainbow Killers, I will be boring out the heads to accept the slightly larger 90mA driver. But if you want one with the 40mA and the Nichia LED, then I would segregate one for you.

After the first 50 pieces, the Rainbow Killer will have been machined for the larger 90mA driver, so no possibility then to install the 40mA driver.
    My Blog

I could also buy the rainbow LPK with 40mA to compare.
    The Rainbow Killer will come with the 90mA driver installed and the new five-die LED, but if you want one with a 40mA, then you would have to sign up for the first batch.
    I wrote about Le Petite Killer, and you write about the Killer. Should I understand the LPK will come with 90mA driver installed, too?

I am sending you a PM regarding to your proposal to test the driver of my current LPK.

Flashaholic*

mirek,

Sorry, the LPK Rainbow Killer will come with the 12mA driver as standard, but if you want one with the 40mA, that can be done. I'm afraid that an LPK with a 90mA driver might have a run time of 2 minutes.
    My Blog

Fred, I got the La Petite Killer in today's mail and I'm very impressed with this light in all respects, can't wait to get the next one! If anyone is on the fence on this one you better grab one while they are available because they are an awesome light, can't say enough about it!!

Necroing this thread. I know this is 11 years old now, but I really want one of these. Does anyone know how to get one?

Yes, I saw your WTB earlier.

Please don't bump long since stale and discontinued sales threads.

My understanding is that PhotonFanatic is not currently active in flashlight making or modding, so we'll close this thread.

If / when OP returns, and would like this thread reopened for some reason, please notify staff here.

Thanks.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789