L2P has died

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

This evening whille using my Fenix L2P (luxeon I first gen.) it fell from about 1.2m to 1.5m (4 to 5 feet) on a fairly hard surface :sigh:.
It no longer worked. The led still "glowed" but no longer lit up.

I tried swapping switches from other Fenixes, swapping batteries and such. Nothing really helped at first but after a while it sprung back to life and seemed beeing OK again. But, shortly afterwards, it died permanently.

(I had the same situation with an L2T (first gen.) last year)

Luckily BatteryJunction still sells these original L2P models and I ordered 2 new ones.

It makes me wonder: should I have dropped one of my Peaks or Surefires, in the same circumstances, would they have survived? I don't know.

Sad regards,:mecry:
Joris

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be happy to take the broken L2P for some modding project :) Let me know if you're willing to let it go. If you want I can also upgrade your new L2P's to Cree XR-E Q5 or R2 emitters, I've done it some times before and improves the light a lot.

By the way, is it possible to add one more L2P to your order from BatteryJunction? That would be great so we can split shipping costs :) Thanks in advance, I'll also send you a PM.

Latest posts