What Did You Guys Do To Me?

DonS2346

Newly Enlightened
I think its happened. I thought, what would it hurt to get a SF6P and A2, a 2DM@g with a Malkoff, a Fenix P2D, and a led upgrade for the Mini M@g, that should be enough. Now I find myself looking to do a M@G85, maybe another Malkoff, or a few more SFs.

Is there a 12 step program?

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a 12-step program, but since it was designed by flashaholics, the steps are as follows:

1. buy a new light
2. buy a new light
3. buy a new light
4. buy a new light
5. buy a new light
6. buy a new light
7. mod an old light
8. mod an old light
9. buy a custom light
10. buy a custom ti light
11. design your own light
12. buy a massive reflector in space and harness the power of the sun, even at night.

Needless to say, few have completed them. :naughty:

Illum

Flashaholic
I had everything controlled so I buy lights within my budget until someone ripped out the wires in my head and bypassed the "rationalize" driver to direct drive....since then I've been buying surefires while being unemployed:ohgeez:

lets see, 1 E1e, 1 E2e, 2 L4s, 1 KL4-BK, 1 E1e-Bk body....
more firepower: Mag ROP, Mag1164, Mag1185...

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had everything controlled so I buy lights within my budget until someone ripped out the wires in my head and bypassed the "rationalize" driver to direct drive....since then I've been buying surefires while being unemployed:ohgeez:

lets see, 1 E1e, 1 E2e, 2 L4s, 1 KL4-BK, 1 E1e-Bk body....
more firepower: Mag ROP, Mag1164, Mag1185...

I think the wires have already been ripped out of my head. Once you go custom, all the other lights seems relatively inexpensive. In the past, I have to deliberate long and hard to decide whether I want to spend $50 on a light ... now when I see a light that I want and it is on sale for $100 :takeit: <- this little guy automatically pops up.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
wait we were supposed to have wires in our head? AND a regulator? crap. i guess i dont know how to count from 1-12 then and i started somewhere at around 6....

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, there's a twelve step program.
1. Denial that you have a problem.
2. Acceptance of your problem.
3.Trying to get help for your problem in the wrong place (CPF).
4. Family intervention. You buy off family with flashlights and they stop bothering you for a while.
5. Large credit card bill.
6. (E.W.S)Empty wallet syndrome.
7. Inability to pay your electric bill because you bought so many lights. (Your house is brighter with all the flashlights you bought running at night anyways.)
8. Getting a second job to pay for your lights and asking for the graveyard shift so you can use them.
9. Flashlight shootout with other guys at work to see who's is brighter.
10. Disappointment when you find out your light isn't brighter than all of the guys' lights combined.
11. Buying an H.I.D. to blow away the competition.
12. Turning family, friends, and coworkers into flashaholics and telling them about CPF.
Sounds like you're almost at step 11. You're almost through them all.

Last edited:

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
I think its happened. I thought, what would it hurt to get a SF6P and A2, a 2DM@g with a Malkoff, a Fenix P2D, and a led upgrade for the Mini M@g, that should be enough. Now I find myself looking to do a M@G85, maybe another Malkoff, or a few more SFs.

Is there a 12 step program?

We are the [strikeout]Borg[/strikeout] Flashaholics. You will be assimilated. Your biological, technological and flashlight distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Hmm does not seem to be a working strikeout tag on this forum. Unless I am completely missing it, which wouldn't surprise me tonight. :)

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
A high end EDC, a mid-sized LED, a big power incan and a high output HID is all you need. Four lights, that is it. So concentrate on an EDC, a big power incan and an HID and you are set :) .

merry-itp

Banned
A high end EDC, a mid-sized LED, a big power incan and a high output HID is all you need. Four lights, that is it. So concentrate on an EDC, a big power incan and an HID and you are set :) .

:twothumbs:twothumbs

Last edited:

DonS2346

Newly Enlightened
I'm not at the point of removing the light in the refer so I can use my EDC to fetch a beer yet but I'm pretty close. Maybe if I limit myself to one light a month, that would help. Looks like it can only get worse.

Teh

Newly Enlightened
I havent posted on here in 3 years, yet I am back now....
I was into firearms and tactical gear for all that time, but the light bug has cought me again.... ha.....

BTW, CPF is the most mature and friendly forum I have ever visted on the internets, dont you guys all agree??:twothumbs

Latest posts