new bulb

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Where would be the best place to get a new bulb for a Scorpion? Was considering getting a Surefire 6P, then started reading about the Scorpion over on the Lightsite (I think it is). Spare bulb already there. But once those two burn out, which eventually they will, where can you get another. Only from the factory? I've seen 6P lamp assemblies all over the place, but no Scorpion bulbs. In fact, off the top of my head, I don't recall seeing them for sale at the Streamlight site, but I wasn't particularly looking at the time.

I'm also considering just getting a second E2. Already have one. But I want a second high power light to dedicate to the theoretical SHTF in the middle of the night, while carrying one (probably the E2e) with me as EDC.

Thoughts?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think that a single bulb might be bought most effectively at a local police supply store. In San Diego, a number of outdoors places and gunshops also carry SL flashlights and bulbs.

With minimum shipping around $5 most places, I rarely consider buying any ticket under $20 on line if I know where to go locally. Attractive places with free shipping like LPS shipping and Surefire happen to be in California so I get tagged with Sales Tax anyhow.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The problem with buying at a local police supply store is that the nearest one is about 45 miles away, just outside D.C. If that close. More likely actually inside D.C somewhere. It's worth the extra money to me to pay the shipping so I don't have to drive into D.C.
grin.gif