Anyone try a P7 with 20mm IMS or other small reflector?

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning a multiple multi-die project designed to provide massive flood. Bare emitters w/ no reflectors or optics will certainly do that indoors, but for outdoors I'd like just a little bit of extra reach. Therefore, a compromise may be in order.

From the beamshots I've seen, a P7 w/ 27mm reflector seems to tighten things up a tad more than desired for this project. So, I'm thinking the 20mm might do the trick, but am wondering if anyone's has experience with this, and can tell me if it will give the results I'm looking for, or if it's a waste of time.

Thanks for reading!

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, DZ! Checked out your thread the other day, and just went back to look at it again.

First off... excellent work! And yes, you likely do have the brightest Arc LS in the world... haha... awesome.

The results were surprising to me, as I expected the smaller reflectors to produce more flood. True, the hotspot is quite large, but still much tighter than I was guessing. This has me wondering if just bare emitters are the way to go after all. Hmmmm... I've got some extra Minimag reflectors laying around. What are they, 17mm? Worth a shot.

Time to buy a P7, and start experimenting.

P.S. The McR-20 does look to make a lovely beam with this emitter. Will keep that in mind if ever making an EDC P7.