Beamshot of my Mag P7 build running at 2.8A

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
Beamshot of my Mag P7 build running at 2.8A with the 16 mode driver from DX. Very helpful guide here. Thanks StephanFS for putting it together.

I can't tell how far the multi story building is away? I also left the camera on manual with the same setting for both pics. :shrug:

_IGP4122%20edit2.jpg

_IGP4123%20edit%201.jpg

Added side by side:

2672910cef47a1ce470042804dcdcde0.gif

Regards

Ethan

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
Very impressive throw by the look of it. Any estimate at all on the building's distance?

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Very nice and it looks to throw pretty good. Do you have any other throwers that you can compare it to?

Thanks

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
Very impressive throw by the look of it. Any estimate at all on the building's distance?

I was much further away than the building was tall. I'm not sure if you can tell how tall it was. Higher res pics here if it helps.

Very nice and it looks to throw pretty good. Do you have any other throwers that you can compare it to?

Thanks

I have a SF G2 LED drop-in that won't throw as far as this, I mean in terms of diffusion, not brightness.

:wave:

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
What reflector are you using?

Sorry for the late reply. I don't get email notifications anymore when subscribed threads are updated.

This is the rather average reflector I am using. It is way too big for the maglite. The threads on the bezel hardly grab at all and lets not even talk about the massive gap. :sssh:

I will cutdown a stock reflector soon and see how that goes. :thumbsup:

BTW: this build is running from 3D primary alkaline cells. :ohgeez: I have ordered the protected D size lithiums and cannot wait to see the greatly increased output.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Hi Ethan I also use this reflector, all I do is put a file in the vice and holding and turning the reflector file it down until there isn't a gap. Hope your not going to use three X D Li-ions, for a 3D direct drive you need 3 X D Nimh.
Norm

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The high res pics truly show how "impressive" it is. You say that you did that with 3 alkaline batteries not NiMH? That is all the more impressive. Do the driver circuits help to pull more current out of those alkalines than they would normally give up?

It looks like that beam is over 100 meters away.

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
Hi Ethan I also use this reflector, all I do is put a file in the vice and holding and turning the reflector file it down until there isn't a gap. Hope your not going to use three X D Li-ions, for a 3D direct drive you need 3 X D Nimh.
Norm

Hi Norm,

Thanks for the heads up. I have a cut down 1D Camo build in the works. :naughty: Please, don't assume I know what I'm doing in the future though, as that sounds like something I would do if I was up late at night. :poof:

The high res pics truly show how "impressive" it is. You say that you did that with 3 alkaline batteries not NiMH? That is all the more impressive. Do the driver circuits help to pull more current out of those alkalines than they would normally give up?

It looks like that beam is over 100 meters away.

Don't quote me, but I'm not sure if thats possible? Someone here will be able to tell you though. :shrug:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Hi Norm,

Thanks for the heads up. I have a cut down 1D Camo build in the works. :naughty: Please, don't assume I know what I'm doing in the future though, as that sounds like something I would do if I was up late at night

I have a 1D, running 1D Li-ion with the TriFlupic I think you'll be very pleased. :thumbsup:
I also have a 3C running 3 Nimh DD that is an excellent set up.

Norm

Last edited: