Shock and Awe (with tiny FIGHTING tanks)

dark star

Enlightened
Dan's data reviews very neat tiny tanks that do battle. Instead of all these pro/anti war posts , we should be fighting it out with these!

http://www.dansdata.com/digiqtanks.htm

Dan's executive summary...
These are tiny little remote controlled tanks that fight. Up to four can play. They're a bunch of fun. They're not cheap (at least 50 US bucks per tank, plus delivery), but you get a heck of a toy for your money.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a couple of these - the limited edition T34 and Panther set. Heaps of fun..

Can't wait for them to release new ones with rotating turrets..

Graham

Tomas

Banned
Cute! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Reading the review and seeing the mention of others possibly whipping out a small portable TV "after dinner" reminded me of another tiny "tank" I've run into and wanted.

It isn't as cute and tiny, but as you can see by the 9V battery powering the color camera in the nose it isn't all THAT big, either (four inches overall).

Now I'm trying to find it again on-line. IIRC it is remote controlled (RF) and the wireless camera is an option on top of the basic platform, which uses separate power and such. Beyond that I don't remember all that much other than it was a lot less expensive than I though it would be ...

Here's a pic of it:
rovercameraclearl.jpg

tomsig03.gif

EDIT: Ah-ha! Found the link to where I saw these: Plantraco.com

Tom

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Now that looks like a nifty little toy, if I could only hold off buying a few torches for awhile!

lightnix

Enlightened
Or you could get one of these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I searched and searched, but couldn't find what I wanted to append to this topic, which is a group on the web that uses real gunpowder firepower with their models (maybe ships, maybe other replicas) so end up with genuine damage. Expensive hobby, yes, but looked like a lot of fun. They're striving for ultimate realism. I'll post if I can find it, of course. It's out there somewhere darnit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
Graham - I know what you're getting me the next time we find you in my debt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I'll find something I want over there soon enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've already ordered a second 2 tank set for a friend in Australia. Also looking at the IR control bullet train sets they have - and no, you can't make the trains do battle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

http://www.micro-ir.com/train/english/index.html

Graham