Gerber Cornea Hi...went POOF

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
I just got the light and I am no overall impressed with the output. just wondering if anyone has cracked one of these babies open or would like to? Ill send the light to anyone willing to mod it to be brighter and if they cant put it back together and send it back.

Last edited:

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
Re: Gerber Cornea Hi

well nvm the inquiree I just tried to open it up and the lense shattered...lol i guess I dont know my vices own strength. Oh well that happened after I tried it under about 3 in of water...then the switch failed and water got inside the head and POOF....oh well guess Ill go get a new one and not tinker with it.

Gunner12

Flashaholic

Or get something around the same price that fits what you want better.

You can also use this broken one and modify it. Replacement reflectors, LEDs, glass "lens", actual lenses, optics and maybe a few other stuff can probably be bought.

alibaba

Enlightened

well nvm the inquiree I just tried to open it up and the lense shattered...lol i guess I dont know my vices own strength. Oh well that happened after I tried it under about 3 in of water...then the switch failed and water got inside the head and POOF....oh well guess Ill go get a new one and not tinker with it.

If you're not happy with the output why go get another one? I saw it for like $25 at REI, I believe, and I think you'd be better served by many lights at DX or for another 20 spot this would be FAR superior
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_69_50&products_id=334

2sparky

Newly Enlightened

The output was a slight problem and the beam was ugly for white wall hunters but this thing would throw! I just wish I hadent tampered with it but yea if I get some more money I would like to get another one of these. It out threw my Fenix P3D Q5 by far on turbo and it even came close to throwing simular to my P3D aspheric.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you're not happy with the output why go get another one? I saw it for like $25 at REI, I believe, and I think you'd be better served by many lights at DX or for another 20 spot this would be FAR superior
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?
cPath=22_69_50&products_id=334

The one at REI for $25.00 is NOT the Cornea High. It just the plain Cornea and it is the only Gerber light I have ever owned that I did not like. I think the high version is around $70.00 or so.

Mike