True waterproof Light

hubbytuby

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I have a fenix T1 and I love it. It doesnt say that it is completly waterproof but I have submerged it in a icechest for awhile and no problems. I was wondering what companies make a led light that is completly submergable?

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
There are a number of companies making dive rated lights. Underwater Kinetics and Tekna spring to mind. I've used the UK 4AA eLED and the Tekna Splashlite and both were good reliable waterproof torches.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Princeton Tec also make makes nice dive lights. What sort of size, output, runtime, features, etc are you looking for?

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
What type of water activity are you going to do.

scottaw

Enlightened
Waterproofness depends on a lot more than just the light, proper maintenance, undamaged o-rings, and proper lube make all the difference in the world. If you truly need waterproofness go with something intended for diving, lot of good suggestions here and follow the directions to keep it dive rated.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Has anybody mentioned Pelican ?

Very rugged, dive-rated flashlights.

:thumbsup:
_

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightguy sells Underwater Kenetics---UK and Princeton Tek---PT lights that are made for diving.
The led versions can be decently bright if you are using C cells (larger lights) The AA versions top out at about 40 lumens
icon13.gif

I just bought my second AE W30 led dive light. It is rated to 600 feet, and on 3x Energizer e2 lithium batts, it is slightly brighter than the Fenix T1.

Here is link to the review: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/195968

I would say the best led dive lights are made by Barbolight and AE. If you are just goofing arround the pool and do not want to spend over $200, --- PT, UK and Pelican make very nice dive lights and are priced very nicely. $20-$60 mostly.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
My personal favorite for a "low" cost and very bright LED light.

Princeton Tec Torrent LED, modified with a Seoul P4 emitter. Take out the plastic lens in the reflector and you'll get a very nice flood beam.

Cheaper and brighter than anything off the shelf without spending a fortune.

Stock up on AA eneloops since this beast takes 8 of them

Latest posts