Firefox 3 and problem with Advanced Edit

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Ever since I've upgraded to Firefox 3 last week, I'm noticing that the Advanced Edit function is running extremely slow and buggy. It takes forever just to scroll up and down the page when I'm trying to edit a post in AE mode.

Anyone else having this problem? Is this a caching issue?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm finding that FF v3 is generally lighter on it's feet in other areas and runs a little faster. There's just this bug with Advanced Edit on CPF.

Last edited:

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it come up with an error report that you can send in to Mozilla? I guess not, from what you said.

I downloaded Firefox 3 the other day, and was thinking I'd install it, until I saw your post! As Lite_me, I guess I'll stay with V2.0.0.14 for now.

What OS are you running?

Dave

HKJ

Flashaholic
Does it come up with an error report that you can send in to Mozilla? I guess not, from what you said.

I downloaded Firefox 3 the other day, and was thinking I'd install it, until I saw your post! As Lite_me, I guess I'll stay with V2.0.0.14 for now.

I have been running FF3 for some time now and does not have problems with advanced edit.

My OS is Vista.

DM51

Flashaholic
Just an observation, but most of the problems reported on CPF occur with people who are using Firefox.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm running Win2k SP2 on this machine.

**Edit** It looks like it's a problem with my firewall. I stopped Zonealarm briefly and the problem cleared. When I looked at the Program Control tab, I found that there were over a half-dozen entries for Firefox, and the entry that ZA indicated was active was the Firefox installer, not the actual browser. So I've got some ZA cleanup to do.

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
I'm going to go ahead and move this to the Cafe, since it's not really dealing with CPF utility.