I wish all EDC lights had this feature

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I place thermal label contacts on my lights, in case of loss, as well as to quickly identify that the light is mine, in case someone else has a similar light.

Unfortunately the LF5XT and the NiteCore EX10 / D10 have full knurling around the body, making it difficult to place thermal label on the light since the label won't stick well and will eventually fall/slide off.

I like the Fenix L1D / L2D / E01 which have a flat surface or two that is not labelled already, and I can easily trim a thermal label to size to stick on there.

I hope in the future there will be a flat indentation area for my labels, on lights like the D10 version 2.0, LF5XT ver 2.0, etc...

fenixl1dq51wm5.jpg

sabre7

Enlightened
Great idea, is it possible to remove the labels? Unfortunately, many nice tools, guns, & flashlights that get "lost" never get returned, just "adopted" by a new owner. The best deterrent to that is engraving, which requires obvious filing off the ID. Many PDs will lend engraving tools for free, and many other places like jewelers can do a much neater job at a low cost per letter. FenixStore offers custom laser engraving too.

Last edited:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thermal tape is easily removed, intentionally if you like. But it stays on nice and tight unless you intentionally remove it.

This is at least useful in the case an honest person should find the light. A dishonest person wouldn't pay attention to the label or engraving too much, I'm guessing.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be upset if I had lost my favorite light. I read a thread yesterday where someone lost his McGizmo Lunasol 27 light in the park. I cringed when I read it.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I write my name and address on a small piece of paper and place it inside most the flashlights which have some extra room between the batteries and housing.

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
I have been thinking of slipping a $20 or a $50 rolled up between the battery and the housing like that. Just in my EDC, so I would always have a little emergency cash.

But considering I LOST MY NDI at the range last month, maybe I shoud rethink this and just engrave my EDC instead.

Where do you come by these thermal stickers?

-- Frank

PS - Yes, I did get my NDI back, thanks to an ethical fellow shooter who knows and shares my affinity for fine lighting instruments!

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sell? Sacrelige!! It would be nice if companies started offering laser engraving. Kind of like how apple offers it with higher end Ipods and the Iphones. That way some d-bags would have a much harder time trying to parade other peoples hard-earned lights as their own. SF would probably do well to offer it. Even at extra cost I think most LEOs would go for it. Most that I know carve their badge #'s into the anodizing on the head.