UF-C3 Repaired: Just wanted to say thanks

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all.

1 month ago my UF C3 P4 died and I made this thread:
Link back to this thread removed - Empath

Then I ordered SKU 4735 to repair it and it arrived yesterday, I did the soldering, installed it to the c3 and it was brighter than with the stock driver.

So I just wanted to say thanks to all those who helped me, this is a great forum with great people. :twothumbs I ordered 5 more flashlights and they are shipping right now.

Here is how I soldered the blue board (gets warm very fast):
17ke5.png

dsc09960uq9.jpg

dsc09947be0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jupello

Enlightened
Hi,

Nice to hear you got your light working again :twothumbs

I'we been lurking here for these UF c3 repair threads since the board from my my Ultrafire c3 (6mode Q3) was broken.. I already tried to fix it with sku.7882 (17mm board) but I wasn't able to to get it fit inside my flashlight. It seems impossible to find a 16mm board that can put out a decent output with just 1.2V input. The best one I have been able to find was sku.10084 but according to ambientmind's test it only puts out 0.262A & 2.99V with 1.2V input. So the led probably wouldn't be very bright with it. :sigh:

Out of curiosity: have you tried how well your SKU 4735 does with just one battery? Is it much dimmer than with 2xAA?

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Nice to hear you got your light working again :twothumbs

I'we been lurking here for these UF c3 repair threads since the board from my my Ultrafire c3 (6mode Q3) was broken.. I already tried to fix it with sku.7882 (17mm board) but I wasn't able to to get it fit inside my flashlight. It seems impossible to find a 16mm board that can put out a decent output with just 1.2V input. The best one I have been able to find was sku.10084 but according to ambientmind's test it only puts out 0.262A & 2.99V with 1.2V input. So the led probably wouldn't be very bright with it. :sigh:

Out of curiosity: have you tried how well your SKU 4735 does with just one battery? Is it much dimmer than with 2xAA?

SKU 4725 is 17mm

I had to modify the pill and take out the cupper ring to make the 17mm board fit. Than you can install any board you like.

I dont have a multimeter here but with 1xAA the beam is yellowish, and with 2xAA is whiter and like 2x brighter.

jupello

Enlightened
SKU 4725 is 17mm

I had to modify the pill and take out the cupper ring to make the 17mm board fit. Than you can install any board you like.

I dont have a multimeter here but with 1xAA the beam is yellowish, and with 2xAA is whiter and like 2x brighter.

Oh, the item description at DX was wrong. :ohgeez:
I'we seen many posts about people fitting 17mm boards into their C3's, but when I tried to fit the board in I became pretty confident that it wont go nicely into the light I have..it seems that the copper ring -thingie on my light is different than in the lights that the 17mm boards have been fitted in to, and the body measurements must have small differences too.. so I must go and find a smaller board :mad:

But thanks for the test :twothumbs
Yellow beam doesn't sound very promising, and since it is 17mm board it wont become into question with my light anyways..

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm glad this worked well for you!

Some times you can trim off parts of the board too to make everything fit.

As for the yellower beam, it could be because of the LED receiving less current and the phosphor is changing more of the blue light to yellow(percentage wise).