• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired McGizmo Ti lanyard attachment feeler

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Ok guys (and girls), I've recently gotten a number of inquiries about a run of these so let's see what we can do. Pricing and general design will probably be about the same as the HDS lanyard attachment recently completed.

Sounds great right...well here's the catch, I don't own a McGizmo:( sadly I've never been able to catch a wave (I actually saw the Sundrop thread today when it only had a few posts but we just closed on a house, priorities you know).

Anyway, I need someone to loan me a McGizmo for a in order for this to happen, just a few days and I promise not to fondle it TOO much;) I'll even wipe off the tears when I box it back up for return. Of course, the donor gets a free lanyard attachment, any color.

~Chip

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
This would be an alternative to the clip, a less obtrusive means of attaching a lanyard for those wishing to go clipless. Nothing on paper yet, but I do have a design in my head that I think you'll like. I'll see if I can get something sketched out today.

Tranquility Base- is that an offer for a loaner? If not, I did get an offer via PM today, just want to know who gets the free attachment;)

~Chip

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
This would be an alternative to the clip, a less obtrusive means of attaching a lanyard for those wishing to go clipless. Nothing on paper yet, but I do have a design in my head that I think you'll like. I'll see if I can get something sketched out today.

Tranquility Base- is that an offer for a loaner? If not, I did get an offer via PM today, just want to know who gets the free attachment;)

~Chip
Yes sir, if you need a loaner, or measurements.

The tail of my PD, and LunaSol is .990" diameter, and the 4-40 tapped holes are 25 degrees apart. The tapped holes are .150" in from the tail on the PD, and .140" for the LunaSol.

Send me an email if you need more info.

Last edited:

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Thanks TB, should have figured you could just get me the measurements I needed. What do you guys think of this design in 0.050" Ti?

McGizmoLanyard.jpg

~Chip

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a raised stud with the hole for the split ring , right in the middle of the 2 screw holes??

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
That would involve either moving to a two piece design or machining from billet, neither of which would come in at anywhere near the price point of my standard stuff. I was kind of going for a shortened McGizmo clip kind of thing... :shrug:

~Chip

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
I think a raised stud would look a bit ugly and stick out further than desirable. I'd prefer a slightly beefier version of wvaltakis2's design, flat ti with a little bit of inward jog to follow the shape of the light and look a bit more refined. Something like a short-short version of the existing clip, maybe sized for a BP mini-clip instead of a split ring. But I couldn't imagine removing the clip from these lights. It works perfectly for its intended purpose, by far the best flashlight clip I've ever used, and the only one I really trust.

Hmm, another possibility is 1/4-20 threads for use with the BP coil tether that screws into a camera tripod socket. This was a great arrangement with the original McLux which had tripod threading directly in the rear flange of the light.

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would prefer it be identical to your HDS offering, just sized for the different hole geometry. I don't like the triangle look in the drawing.

I also think paulr's idea is GREAT and I would support that project as well.