Best flashlight maker? (Made in China)

Most Premium Chinese Brand

• Total voters

iocheretyanny

Enlightened
Seems like there are a lot of brands coming from China now that are top notch. I am sure going with most of these is not a bad choice but which would you say is the most premium brand name?
Which company is considered to be the best of the best - making the highest quality moat desirable flashlights?

Some of the brands to choose from that I can think of are:
Fenix
Nitecore
Jetbeam
Olight
Dereelight
Lightflux
Tiablo
Other

Last edited:

generic808

Enlightened
Re: Chinese Lumens

I'm pretty much a die-hard Surefire type of guy, but I do find myself reaching for my Fenix T1 every so often. It is built very well and I believe is one of the premium Chinese lights out there. Just my thoughts though as I'm sure many others will differ in opinion.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Chinese Lumens

Too hard to say! I guess that Fenix is the most popular brand but all lights have their uses and downfalls.

streetmaster

Enlightened
In my mind it's between Fenix and NiteCore. I've been a Fenix fan since I became a flashaholic. But I've really been liking NiteCore alot lately. :shrug:
I voted for NiteCore.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for Fenix for now, because I only have the NDI. All the Fenix lights I have surpass my expectations, and work flawlessly. Once I get the D10, that may swing to the NiteCore's favor.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have received my EX10 and D10. Sorry Fenix, you have been out classed. :(

I'd like to vote for Dereelight too, but they have fewer products at the moment, but they fill a nice niche when it comes to throwers and P60 hosts. They also are very quick to bring new modules to market so we can play with a variety of new LEDs. My DBS V2 and CL1H V4 are great and have been flawless so far.

streetmaster

Enlightened
I have received my EX10 and D10. Sorry Fenix, you have been out classed. :(

I'd like to vote for Dereelight too, but they have fewer products at the moment, but they fill a nice niche when it comes to throwers and P60 hosts. They also are very quick to bring new modules to market so we can play with a variety of new LEDs. My DBS V2 and CL1H V4 are great and have been flawless so far.
So Wade, which do you like better? EX10 or D10?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Wade, which do you like better? EX10 or D10?

The EX10 fits my P2D holster perfect, and the knurling helps to secure it in the holster, more secure than the P2D. I like the SS bezel. The D10 has the same reflector, but smaller diameter body, so no room for the SS bezel to feel the space between the refelctor and the body. The EX10's piston switch appears to have a bit more travel than the D10.

I like both, but the EX10 is my favorite at the moment. :)

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's at least 3 in your pole that are top notch and possibly 4 IMO. It would be really hard for me to say which single one was better than the others so I didn't vote. I'll just say I don't consider Jetbeam to be one of the 3 due to many problems I've seen with them. They have a look and finish that is very nice but fail in many other ways.

Wattnot

Enlightened
"BEST" is very subjective, especially around here!! I knew Fenix would take the lead because they are popular but I chose Dereelight because I feel it has the best design, execution and materials of those on your limited list. Dereelight feels more solid than most Fenix lights.

I wouldn't want to do without either one of them but trying to be objective, more features and more bells and whistles and maybe even more sales still doesn't necessarily make them the "best."

Wolf Eyes should have had a slot of it's own because again, their design and execution is better than most on your list. Wolf Eyes not being included already invalidates your poll.

This is going to be a fun thread to watch anyway . . . . where's my popcorn! :popcorn:

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for LiteFlux. To me they have an edge on all the others, even those not listed. It doesn't surprise me that Fenix is in the lead. They have the most aggressive marketing strategy. New versions of the same model, all too often, sells more lights, but doesn't really make them better. I'm not saying they aren't good lights, they are. I just think LiteFlux and a couple others, demonstrate a higher quality.

Dave

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Superb Machining: Nitecore, Jetbeam
Excellent Efficiency: Nitecore, Fenix
Unmatched Flexibility: Lightflux
Good Overall: Olight

I have no experience on Tiablo :D

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix has a better US retailer (LiteFlux has none), more models, and better availability. The abundance of models, all of which are useful and good quality, outweigh whatever advantage LiteFlux has, imho.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Superb Machining: Nitecore, Jetbeam
Excellent Efficiency: Nitecore, Fenix
Unmatched Flexibility: Lightflux
Good Overall: Olight

I have no experience on Tiablo :D
I would add one very important criteria to this:

usability: Fenix (NiteCore D10 / EX10 would seem to fall here as well but I have no hands on experience).

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix has a better US retailer (LiteFlux has none), more models, and better availability. The abundance of models, all of which are useful and good quality, outweigh whatever advantage LiteFlux has, imho.

I suppose "Best flashlight maker?" could be interpreted different ways. I interpret it to mean "Who makes the best flashlight?", in which case, none of your points apply. Otherwise, I would probably agree with you. :)

Dave

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose "Best flashlight maker?" could be interpreted different ways. I interpret it to mean "Who makes the best flashlight?", in which case, none of your points apply. Otherwise, I would probably agree with you. :)

Dave
Well, LiteFlux makes the best flashlights that are hard for me to buy, I would agree as well. :)

There isn't any single trait that makes the Fenix lights the best, but the combination of good quality, great usability, reliability, availability, and value are what makes Fenix so nice imho.

That's why my EDC are Fenix lights - the E01 and L1D Q5. :)

PS - the NiteCore D10 looks like it will be my future EDC. Need to place an order for one since all the signs point to an extremely useful EDC light. :popcorn:

Last edited:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would add one very important criteria to this:

usability: Fenix (NiteCore D10 / EX10 would seem to fall here as well but I have no hands on experience).
+1 on hands on experience ... that's the reason i didn't include the usability aspect

The NiteCore D10 and EX10 look to be good options when it comes to usability. I like both click switches (forward / reverse) and twisties depending on light and number of light levels, the experience may change once I get introduced to a totally different kind of switching mechanism. :)

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strictly going by how the lights feel and look, I would say Wolf Eyes and Nitecore of those Chinese lights I have handled.

Just a question to the OP, why is KD slumped together with Tiablo? I didnt think KD had anything to do with the production of Tiablo?