NDI question - how tough is it?

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Hi all,

I just received my NDI (from 4-sevens) which looks and functions great. I ordered this light despite full knowledge of the other new upcoming D10, as I have always liked the look of this one. The only thing that concerns me about this light is the cap that goes around the tail switch- the slots look rather large, and I was wondering if there is enough material there to withstand a drop without bending. My question for other NDI owners/users/carriers is: How has this light held up structurally? Has this light bent and any areas? Has it withstood drops OK?
I think this is a terrific light so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NDI question

I don't think I've heard of one case where the light has suffered damage from being dropped. I've also seen a few used NDIs with the tail being scraped from use and it seems fine.

You'll be just fine. Enjoy.

JermsMalibu

Newly Enlightened

I accidentally dropped mine on Wednesday and it landed right on the tail. Other than a small indent from a rock in the concrete, the tail is perfect. It even landed on just one side of the tail so only one side took the hit and it didn't bend as far as I can see.

Marduke

Flashaholic

Mine has kissed the concrete more times than I care to admit. Couple scuffs and scratches, but nothing physically deformed.

Jedi Knife

Enlightened

That is great to hear. I feel even more confident in this amazing little light! Thanks for sharing your experiences with it.

e2x2e

Enlightened

I dropped mine on concrete and the part that sticks up around the button bent. I don't really care though, doesn't affect the way it works.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Been EDCing mine for most of the time since it came out, so have dropped it on a few occasions on hard surfaces. :p No signs of of damage, expect for some minor wearing of the anodizing at the corner edges of the protruding sections around the tailcap (and you really have to look for it).

Latest posts