Surefire 6P/6PL Multi-Level Upgrade?

digitaldave

Newly Enlightened
Hi all :). Sorry, more questions...

As standard, the SF 6P and 6PL are single level. However, I'd like to have a multi-level light, so would it be possible to upgrade to give this function? If I've read things right, I could use the Dreelight 3SM (all their other multi-level options seem to be 18650/17670 only, not CR123/RCR123). If there's anyone that's done this, what is the output like, and what sort of run time do you get? Does it produce a flood or throw beam, and how far will it throw? Does it run off the standard tail cap? Finally, are there other easily available drop ins that will do the same job?

As a point of reference, I'm also interested in the Fenix TK11, so I'd be looking for output levels in the same sort of ball park, and with as much throw as is possible for this type of setup.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I've got the deal extreme multi-mode Q5 drop-in. Cheap enough and the range of modes makes it possible to get pretty good run-times if you don't have to have it on the brightest setting.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should look at this thread...the SF 6P uses a P60 lamp module...there are dozens of different ones out there.

I don't think you can use the Deerelight 3SM...I believe the 3SM requires the batteries be inserted backwards and the brightness levels are controlled by turning the head.

You can use the Deerelight digital modules; however, those are all designed for single battery lights (you can use a single rechargeable 17670 battery in your 6P).

Kwartjuh

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for the same thing:

A new tailcap specifically made for multi-stage LED dropin. Should match 6p color and allso watertight.

The thing with the optics-HQ tailcaps is that they are broader then the main body and as such do not fit my Maxpedition flashlight holder. Argh :p